Where do England sit out of teams in the World Cup finals

Ambitious

Algeria, Brazil, Greece, Japan, Austrailia, Croatia, Portugal, France, Iran, Mexico, SouthKorea, Netherlands, Russia, Colombia, Italy, Bosnia, CostaRica, Spain, USA, Chile, Ecuador, Argentina, Honduras, Nigeria, Belgium, Nigeria, IvoryCoast, Cameroon, Ghana, Switzerland, Germany, Uruguay and... England.

So, where do we sit in between all them?

Top 4 are set for me...

Germany, Brazil, Argentina and Spain.

France have an exceptional squad, you're pushed to find a better centre-back pairing than Varane and Silva.

Italy, Netherlands, Colombia and Belgium are next in line.

Portugal are blessed with the form man on the planet.

Russia and England are on par (is that fair?) 

and then the others....

hey, what do you guys think?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brazil and Spain are in a league of their own

Germany a close 3rd

Argentina and Holland are similar as in they have the best attacking players going, but weak defence. For that, they're of a similar level to Italy/Belgium/France

I'd argue we're with Uruguay and Portugal who are similar. Just a few stars dragging them along, while we're more balanced but just lack the ethic/style of other national teams.

Colombia/Russia/Chile

Croatia, Ghana, Japan, Cameroon and Ivory Coast are all handy

The World Cup is going to be fascinating as usual.. These are my picks..

The only 4 possible winner - Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Germany

Teams that can go far (semi-final isn't beyond them) - Italy, Netherlands, Portugal

Stoppers (teams that can stop a favourite but has no chance of winning) - England, Columbia, Chile, Belgium, France (1/4 is a realistic target)

Teams that can make the 2nd round but likely to lose at the last 16 or 1/4 if lucky - Uruguay, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Russia, Croatia

Teams that will do very well to get out of the groups but are more likely to go home early - Greece, Japan, South Korea, Switzerland, Nigeria, Ecuador, Cameroon, Mexico

Teams that make up the numbers and won't make it past the group stage - Honduras, Costa Rica, Iran, Algeria, Bosnia, Australia, USA,

The World Cup is going to be fascinating as usual.. These are my picks..

The only 4 possible winner - Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Germany

Teams that can go far (semi-final isn't beyond them) - Italy, Netherlands, Portugal

Stoppers (teams that can stop a favourite but has no chance of winning) - England, Columbia, Chile, Belgium, France (1/4 is a realistic target)

Teams that can make the 2nd round but likely to lose at the last 16 or 1/4 if lucky - Uruguay, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Russia, Croatia

Teams that will do very well to get out of the groups but are more likely to go home early - Greece, Japan, South Korea, Switzerland, Nigeria, Ecuador, Cameroon, Mexico

Teams that make up the numbers and won't make it past the group stage - Honduras, Costa Rica, Iran, Algeria, Bosnia, Australia, USA,

That looks about right to me. 

Obviously everything depends on the pots and group seeds

At the last WC Ivory Coast, Brazil and Portugal were all lumped together whilst Algeria, USA and Slovenia were together in another group..

Also I'm pretty sure 3 teams from the same continent can't be drawn together..

England are second seeds..

Just having a look the seeds are like this.. (how the feck did they come up with this!????)

Pot 1. Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Uruguay, Switzerland

Pot 2. Netherlands, England, Italy, Portugal, Greece, Bosnia, Croatia, Russia

Pot 3. France, Chile, Ecuador, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon

Pot 4. Mexico, USA, Japan, Honduras, Costa Rica, Australia, South Korea, Iran

So I can definitely see a group of death with France and Chile as 3rd seeds.. And I can definitely see an easy group.

England's best hope is a group something similar to Switzerland, Algeria and Iran. On the other hand we can something ridiculously hard like Brazil, France and Mexico

Archived