2013-14 Ashes Series

Oh Bobby Bobby

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got away with what?!

What a load of rubbish...the England cricket team used to be such a target of ridicule and now they've been one of the best teams for the last few years, people quickly forget that they've represented their country much more admirably than the England football team and arguably the Rugby teams too.

Unfortunately, the old guard have really let the side down this tour - Aussies have played tough cricket and England's brains have been scrambled. We've never had the chance to put a still fairly ordinary Aussie team under pressure. They've had to play as a tighter unit than they've been used to in the past and after all the losses, have learnt some lessons and are hungrier than us for the Ashes.

The new players have done pretty well - Carberry has done ok and if Stokes can be consistent, he will give us a lot more options going forward.

Got away with what?!

What a load of rubbish...the England cricket team used to be such a target of ridicule and now they've been one of the best teams for the last few years, people quickly forget that they've represented their country much more admirably than the England football team and arguably the Rugby teams too.

Unfortunately, the old guard have really let the side down this tour - Aussies have played tough cricket and England's brains have been scrambled. We've never had the chance to put a still fairly ordinary Aussie team under pressure. They've had to play as a tighter unit than they've been used to in the past and after all the losses, have learnt some lessons and are hungrier than us for the Ashes.

The new players have done pretty well - Carberry has done ok and if Stokes can be consistent, he will give us a lot more options going forward.

Sorry mate but that is a load of cobblers, no offence meant.

All three test first innings we have had the Aussie in trouble, and let them off each time, we had them under pressure THREE times mate

Sorry mate but that is a load of cobblers, no offence meant.

All three test first innings we have had the Aussie in trouble, and let them off each time, we had them under pressure THREE times mate

Converse being that 5 times (maybe to become 6) we've been in similar trouble,but haven't shown similar guts and determination.Following KP's latest dismissal,not sure he's had his brains scrambled as there seems to be a missing ingredient.

I would love it if we got a result against 'them' tonight..... :angry:

Very Keeganesque,froggy.Feck it,wouldn't it be great though-I'm even staying up for one last helping.Stokes 200 not out.

I would love it if we got a result against 'them' tonight..... :angry:

For some strange reason Frogg I looked through the early posts in this thread and am now totally depressed by our early optimism and how badly we have played. Still don't think this Aussie side is any great shakes and easily beatable. Sadly, England have been absolutely shocking and non of the 'big time' players have turned up. This is worse than the 2006\07 series as I didn't think we had a decent team then and the Aussies still had some great players. Their opening three of Rodgers, Warner and Watson isn't exactly top quality but we've made them look good by giving them a 150 first innings head start and crap bowling. Thoroughly, totally and utterly depressed by it all. Still - at least the Rams are nearly safe.

At least he's shown a bit of fight. Will stay up tonight to see what happens but have a sinking feeling that it could be all over by lunch. Hope I'm wrong.

Know it's a dream,but would be very interesting if we could put on another ton without losing a wicket.I still can't believe we could go down 3-0 without putting up something of a decent fight some way along.

me too mate I'm off tomorrow so up all night and feeling the pain./ Joy..... :D

Good on yer mate.Now all I've got to do is find enough puns to fill in an hour and a half. :ph34r:

Know it's a dream,but would be very interesting if we could put on another ton without losing a wicket.I still can't believe we could go down 3-0 without putting up something of a decent fight some way along.

I agree. In mid November if somebody had predicted this you would have said they were mental but we have completely rolled over and allowed the Aussies to control it. Can't help Trott going home but we have showed no spirit whatsoever - even the mini fightback during the second innings at Adelaide was stupid when we were trying to save a test. Just think that we have been surprised by the aggresion and tactics of the Aussies. Almost think we went over there expecting to win.

Puns? Puns?

Excellent, that's cheered me up.

Think now's the time for Stuart to have Broad shoulders otherwise we'll lose. This is the best chance the Aussies have Haddin a long time.

Think we need Hans Christian Andersen at No 11.

Archived