2013-14 Ashes Series

Oh Bobby Bobby

Bolted, horse, and barn door .

Yep-unfortunately,whatever resurgence we may experience in the last 2 tests,it would have to be tempered by the probability that the competitive edge (which we should have had earlier) of the Aussies will have been blunted,as it's only human nature.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep-unfortunately,whatever resurgence we may experience in the last 2 tests,it would have to be tempered by the probability that the competitive edge (which we should have had earlier) of the Aussies will have been blunted,as it's only human nature.

Dont agree Ramblur did you see Johnson running in today he reminded me if Dennis Lillee. Johnson's bowling was sensational

Dont agree Ramblur did you see Johnson running in today he reminded me if Dennis Lillee. Johnson's bowling was sensational

How clinical were they in the field compared to the previous tests?

It's probably a case of mistaken identity.

Every 'slinging' action is inevitably compared to that of Jeff Thomson. Thommo in the early part of his career made the likes of Johnson and even Brett Lee look like medium pacers. He was estimated (from frames per second on tv archives) to be in excess of 100 mph at full throttle.

It's probably a case of mistaken identity.

Every 'slinging' action is inevitably compared to that of Jeff Thomson. Thommo in the early part of his career made the likes of Johnson and even Brett Lee look like medium pacers. He was estimated (from frames per second on tv archives) to be in excess of 100 mph at full throttle.

Shudder to think what Lillee and Thompson would have done to this lot

I once stood behind the nets at Trent Bridge watching Wesley Hall and Charlie Griffiths bowling, you could see their arm come over and if the batsman did not hit it, the next time I saw the ball was when it hit  the net, never saw it coming towards me.

England were good in the field. Bell did a superb slip catch to remove Smith in the slips where Swanny normally stands which was good TV in slow mo but Anderson did drop Brad Haddin the wicket keeper we don't seem to be able to get out although he was given out to Monty LBW and survived on review.

England looked to have their bounce back .

I planned to sit up and watch it for a few hours last night. Then a shade after midnight, the cable tv signal died. A swift check of t'internets revealed that had gone bye-byes too - thanks, Virgin. Got the score off the phone, saw that the Aussies had already added 40 for the 10th wicket so decided to go to bed instead.

Glad I did.

Utterly spineless.

They are an embarrassment. Do they have enough self-respect left to at least try? With the bowling strategies deployed on day 3, I can see Australia knocking the runs off without losing a wicket.

Management, including captaincy needs to change. The way we bowled and set fields today was as embarrassing as the feeble batting. There seems to be no thought in anything we do at the moment and that is scarier than the lack of talent.

Pietersen must feel like he is playing for a Sunday 4th XI.

Management, including captaincy needs to change. The way we bowled and set fields today was as embarrassing as the feeble batting. There seems to be no thought in anything we do at the moment and that is scarier than the lack of talent.

Pietersen must feel like he is playing for a Sunday 4th XI.

I couldn't believe they tried to intimidate the number 11 by bowling short instead of simply bowling at the stumps. Just stupid.

And the number 11 got the last laugh by taking 5 wickets.

Top notch tactics.

Archived