2013-14 Ashes Series

Oh Bobby Bobby

I think he has jumped before he was pushed. Time to pick 3-4 youngsters. Even the likes of Anderson are close to finishing. I think Bairstow might get the nod over Prior this week. There's talk of Treadwell replacing Swann in the squad which might make sense given the Aussies' superiority, but I would like to see Borthwick given his chance soon.

My message would be 'thanks Swanny you've given us some good times.'

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best bowler in county cricket last season was Graham Onions , why was he not even in the party ?.

Not tall enough. Our main tactic for the Ashes was bowling from a great height. The folly of this was discovered early in the tour. Perhaps skill and variety might get a look in under new leadership. :rolleyes:

Funny old game isn't it? Pietersen gets widely criticised for his habit of getting out due to poor judgment. Last night he could have been out about six times. He was caught again on the hook shot and then the fielder carried it over for six. He was dropped trying his usual flick to mid wicket, nearly run out and had a variety of edges which didn't carry. Twice the ball went over is middle stump as he played his off to leg defensive stroke. Because he was lucky, he then gets praised for showing the right attitude. Luck is the fine line on which batting careers depend.

Archived