Eustace suspended after 5 yellows, who plays on Saturday?

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's talk of Wisdom playing in the Eustace role. Apparently he's done so for Liverpool U21.

Would be interesting to see. He seems quite composed and solid on the ball, happy to do defensive work instead of looking to bomb forward all the time. As long as his distribution is OK, I reckon it'd be worth a try.

be brave, don't play a DM. Its Sheff Wed who have won just the once after 13 matches. Play an extra Striker instead. Attack attack attack.

The thing is, Eustace's deployment this season has actually been one of the most effective attacking changes we've made. His sitting deep has allowed Bryson and Hughes to push forward, increasing our attacking threat.

The thing is, Eustace's deployment this season has actually been one of the most effective attacking changes we've made. His sitting deep has allowed Bryson and Hughes to push forward, increasing our attacking threat.

really? I thought we'd score less with Eustace starting.

Can't believe just how good he's been at times. It's what I want Bailey to be like but he's not aggressive enough.

I think every team should have a DM or two now. 442 days are dead. Box to box midfielders are jack of all trades and master of none.

Eustace will no doubt collect plenty more cards. He's quite old school. Tackling isn't allowed.

be brave, don't play a DM. Its Sheff Wed who have won just the once after 13 matches. Play an extra Striker instead. Attack attack attack.

Given how weak our defence is at the moment I'd say that's an enormous risk. You're basically then relying on us scoring twice to win games.

really? I thought we'd score less with Eustace starting.

Didn't have any stats to hand when I made my first comment, but your reply prompted me to go and have a look (out of curiosity more than anything)...

In all competitions this season...

Games where Eustace has not started = 6 games / 1 goal

Games where Eustace has started = 10 games / 22 goals

He also came on for the whole of the second half against Ipswich, and we all know what happened there.

Source - http://www.11v11.com

Given how weak our defence is at the moment I'd say that's an enormous risk. You're basically then relying on us scoring twice to win games.

I'm not saying don't play with a DM for most matches, I'm just saying when the only available one is suspended, and a team with 1 win from 13 comes to town, be assertive. Go at them more than we did with Brum. Play Wisdom RB or CB, who dares wins I say.

Didn't have any stats to hand when I made my first comment, but your reply prompted me to go and have a look (out of curiosity more than anything)...

In all competitions this season...

Games where Eustace has not started = 6 games / 1 goal

Games where Eustace has started = 10 games / 22 goals

He also came on for the whole of the second half against Ipswich, and we all know what happened there.

Source - http://www.11v11.com

As soon as I typed it I thought "****! Did he start v Yeovil? Oh no, he started v Brentford too! Sat here laughing to myself at the ripping I'm gonna get when my fan club see I've put my foot in it!" hahaha, good work sir.

As soon as I typed it I thought "****! Did he start v Yeovil? Oh no, he started v Brentford too! Sat here laughing to myself at the ripping I'm gonna get when my fan club see I've put my foot in it!" hahaha, good work sir.

Ha ha when I started digging I honestly didn't know whether you were right or not. Still a bit amazed by how drastically the numbers swing between him starting and not.

Attack is best form of defence. To think that TBE used to play 3 Strikers in the Prem, had he not we wouldn't have been in the Prem all those seasons, defences couldn't handle Sturridge, Baino and Wanchope.

I miss the 90's a lot. When Football managers including our own, were so much more positive.

They've lost fewer games than we have.

7 1-1 draws, unbeaten in 5. they've just re-signed Matty Fryatt and Conor Wickham and drubbed most people's certs for the play offs 5-2.

If we underestimate them it'll come back and bit us right on the charlie.

We need a win but we've got a lot of big players out. I'd snap your hand off right now for a negative 1-0 win.

They've lost fewer games than we have.

7 1-1 draws, unbeaten in 5. they've just re-signed Matty Fryatt and Conor Wickham and drubbed most people's certs for the play offs 5-2.

If we underestimate them it'll come back and bit us right on the charlie.

We need a win but we've got a lot of big players out. I'd snap your hand off right now for a negative 1-0 win.

Yeah they're making me nervous too. What exactly happened in their Reading game?!

I know if it gets physical and scrappy they will beat us easily.

Know a couple of Wendy's. good lads. Not seen them for a while but they have been expecting another scrap for survival this year. I said that they will at least be saved by 2 of Yeovil, Barnsley and Millwall but they don't fancy their chances. They said they are second best all the time.

So what happened on Saturday then?!?

We don't want a physical game and the ball off the deck.

Think they'll play like Brum.

Yeah they're making me nervous too. What exactly happened in their Reading game?!

I know if it gets physical and scrappy they will beat us easily.

Know a couple of Wendy's. good lads. Not seen them for a while but they have been expecting another scrap for survival this year. I said that they will at least be saved by 2 of Yeovil, Barnsley and Millwall but they don't fancy their chances. They said they are second best all the time.

So what happened on Saturday then?!?

We don't want a physical game and the ball off the deck.

Think they'll play like Brum.

We finally had a bit of fortune go our way, we've not been playing bad in the main, had we won a couple of the drawn games everything would look a lot different.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday.

Archived