Racism Row

Bris Vegas

WARNING: This thread needs extracting from its own arse urgently, or it may disappear for good.

So how about the situation of Inuit people in football. I personally don't know any coaches of that heritage in any major league. What do you guys think ?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how about the situation of Inuit people in football. I personally don't know any coaches of that heritage in any major league. What do you guys think ?

Shouldn't this be in the Sheikh Shaggers thread?

They know all about selling fridges to Eskimos.

The players that you mentioned are all-time greats. I don't think that anyone (least of all himself) is calling Yaya Toure an all-time great.

Sheesh, way to over-react.

Tell me one pundit who wouldn't have him in the prem team of the year?

Tell me one person who doesn't think he's been fantastic and is brilliant to watch?

People give him exactly the respect he deserves and it fxcks me off when a minority starts playing the race card over absolutely nothing! The guy has just been nominated for player of the season for fxck sake what more recognition does he want?!

Well done Toure you're from Africa, I couldn't care whether you came from Mars you're a damn fine footballer and get the recognition deserved for it! Stop moaning

Agree Ilson.

Toure, one of the highest rated midfielders in the world and probably widely regarded as the best midfielder in the Premier League, who also happens to be the highest paid player at Manchester City (a club who pays the highest average wage of ANY sports team)....

... is unhappy he doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he's from Africa.

Snot worth worrying about. This time next season we'll be reading about a poor kid from Ireland winning Premiership POTY despite 800 years of persecution.

Reckon Jeff will play it down though and share the bubbly with Will, Craig and George................

Snot worth worrying about. This time next season we'll be reading about a poor kid from Ireland winning Premiership POTY despite 800 years of persecution.

Reckon Jeff will play it down though and share the bubbly with Will, Craig and George................

I'd rather Jeff win it than Dawkins. I can't stand seeing black people achieve anything. They belong on chains.

Said nobody for many many many years.

Be rooting for Real Madrid on Wednesday. Can't stand Nazi's

Small potatoes.

Oh sorry, that's racist

I'd rather Jeff win it than Dawkins. I can't stand seeing black people achieve anything. They belong on chains.

Said nobody for many many many years.

Be rooting for Real Madrid on Wednesday. Can't stand Nazi's

You have a bit of a dilemma then, because Real Madrid for years had a very close association with Franco.

I suppose the issue is that you have a number of players like Michael Johnson who have passed all of their coaching badges who struggle to get a managerial job, but then see their white peers get jobs. Or even worse, the same old hackneyed failures that stumble from club to club.

I still think football has a bit of an 'old boys' network going on, however to force the selection criteria to have to have a number of ethic minorities should be seen as insulting to all involved.

Totally agree. There are young talented managers in the lower leagues who are continually overlooked as the managerial merry go round is so hard to break into.

No wonder unprovenblack managers don't get a much of a chance, as neither do unproven white managers. 

It was mentioned earlier, but it would be interesting to know how many black managers have the badges needed to manage?If not many have them then the work needs to be done in the area of qualifications and then see how things progress. 

For me I really colour is not really an issue. When I see a brilliant player they are brilliant for there talent not their colour. 

574 coaches qualified at B, A and Pro Licence level since 2012, 29 of which are from a black and minority ethnic background.

Says it all to me, and that's not racism preventing black people from passing the qualifications either.

See Spain is at it again.... Fair play to Dani Alves though for his response to a banana being chucked on the pitch....

Archived