watches....to dream on for

froggg

I'm saving for another...... not decided which yet:unsure:

​If you happen to go to London visit the Bremont Mayfair boutique. They'll give you champagne while you look at their watches. They have a nice selection.

​That was a watch I was considering for about a year but then went for my Bremont after all. Last week I started to long for that GO again. At the moment doesn't look like I can get it anytime soon though.

​I'm unfortunately not as rich as I need to be to afford the watches that I like, I'm currently debating whether I should save up that last bit to put down for the deposit for my first house that I'm planning on renting out or buying a Speedy. Obviously, the decision would be easy for a normal person! 

Follow a few watch pages on Instagram and a guy I follow posted this a few weeks back and I feel in love. I'm going to London on Sunday, planning on looking at a few watch boutiques even though I can't afford anything there and will more than likely be looked down upon!

11242400_1097045056988998_686489460_n.jpg

Do they give champers to time wasters too.

if you pardon the pun.

​Well they offered me right away when I told them I wanted to see the U-2 with blue dial. You should try the same if you are thirsty and in London.

​I'm unfortunately not as rich as I need to be to afford the watches that I like, I'm currently debating whether I should save up that last bit to put down for the deposit for my first house that I'm planning on renting out or buying a Speedy. Obviously, the decision would be easy for a normal person! 

Follow a few watch pages on Instagram and a guy I follow posted this a few weeks back and I feel in love. I'm going to London on Sunday, planning on looking at a few watch boutiques even though I can't afford anything there and will more than likely be looked down upon!

11242400_1097045056988998_686489460_n.jpg

​I have been treated with respect both in Watts in Derby and Bremont Mayfair in London even though I don't look like money.

Oh and anyone looking for a quality watches check two dealers in Finland. Van Henne and Sepän Viisari. Both offer at least one year guarantee even on pre owned watches. Van Henne has also serviced all their watches when needed.

Read an advert for this exhibition in the paper today, thought some on here would like a gander.

https://www.saatchigallery.com/current/patek_philippe_2015.php

Apparently showing every Patek Phillippe watch made over 175 yrs, if anyone fancies getting a Hatton Garden type crew together just PM me!

Well the age of that crew would only give you Eddie, Steve Brummie, ArchRam and Ovies to choose from on here.

Well the age of that crew would only give you Eddie, Steve Brummie, ArchRam and Ovies to choose from on here.

It's not the age I'm bothered about, just need a skinny bugger to fit through the hole!

Read an advert for this exhibition in the paper today, thought some on here would like a gander.

Apparently showing every Patek Phillippe watch made over 175 yrs, if anyone fancies getting a Hatton Garden type crew together just PM me!

I'm going to London on Sunday as well! Too bad it's not a few days earlier :( 

problem I have is I can only wear mid size watches, I have skinny wrists so Breitling's are out the question, they look like clocks on my wrist :angry:

​You could have a field day with vitage watches. They have a reasonable size. Also the trend on big watches is clearly starting to pass.

problem I have is I can only wear mid size watches, I have skinny wrists so Breitling's are out the question, they look like clocks on my wrist :angry:

I had the same problem, until I started wearing mine on the right hand, fits like a glove.

• 4 weeks later...

Forgot to say. I made a special trip to London to go to this. I got an amazing picture of the Grandmaster Chime. £2m, 20 complications and 5 years to manufacture/assemble. £300k extra for the box for it! Here is the picture I got though :)

Grandmaster Chime.jpg

Forgot to say. I made a special trip to London to go to this. I got an amazing picture of the Grandmaster Chime. £2m, 20 complications and 5 years to manufacture/assemble. £300k extra for the box for it! Here is the picture I got though :)

Grandmaster Chime.jpg

300k for a box? Was it total watch ?

300k for a box? Was it total watch ?

It was awesome. Spent about 3 hours there in total. Got the chance to watch them actually manufacturing some watches, setting gems in the bezels, hand carving the gold for a stop watch etc. Then at the end after all the watches you could speak to some of the watchmakers who did demonstrations of how complications such as perpetual calenders etc work. 

I'm glad you told me about it! :)

• 3 weeks later...