Urgent help required....

davenportram

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Cider? That's a woman's drink!"

I said those immortal words in 1985 - first day of a contract in Bristol. I always used to suss out a local pub when I was working in a new area, and I would ask the landlord for a "...pint of what the locals drink."

Idiots do that.

He said "Oh ar, you want a point o' that there rough." he replied.

"What's that?" I enquired.

"Zoider" he replied, "Zgrumpy". Then I said my immortal line.

One hour and 4 pints later, I went for a pee, saw the great white telephone and suddenly, without warning, made a call. I came back to the bar, emptied of liquid from both ends, and ordered a pint of Bass, had a long sit down and felt better. Then the landlord told me that I had walked around the pool table twice before I'd found the door to the bog.

Bloody cider. 

We made it - in the pointy room upstairs. Nice but too many brummies

love to have joined you both , but i'm still in Swad , not setting out till 1:30 ,

stick a 'post it' sticker on ladyr's head , and i may see you in the gazebo thingy..

.... To find a cheap boozer for pre match drinks tomorrow.

First matchday without kinder so want to take advantage

We are not fussy but it has to be walkable from a bus stop, walkable to the ground and preferably without sawdust on the floor

Any tips?

Southbank :) oops you didnt say which ground

I'm upstairs in the brunny with my Mrs

Aw, when we were in there all we could hear were Brummies. We were sat at the far end next to the big window.

I think a good plan for a future home game will be: go to The Vic for a pint and a chip cob (free on match day!), possibly have a pint over the road at The Waterfall although I've never been a big fan, pint at The Brunswick and then head out to the ground with one more pint at the outside bar. Probably grab a chicken balti pie too to soak up some of the beer

Archived