Mo Farah

smiffy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he decides not to run for his country ( ha ) at the commonwealth games next yeah, then he should have his funding stopped.

Why the "ha" and why the downer on Farah? Surely he's allowed to pick what races he competes in and if he wants to compete in the marathon instead then so be it.

Why the "ha" and why the downer on Farah? Surely he's allowed to pick what races he competes in and if he wants to compete in the marathon instead then so be it.

Just a little quip with regards to the eligibility thread that went on last week.

With regards to the funding it is paid to athletes to compete for the home countries/Olympic games, not for personal appearance's where he is paid thousands of pounds to run ie the London marathon etc.

Have to say as much as I love the bloke I have to agree, 

he signed a very lucrative deal with the london marathon, and is onto a good crack with nike, 

he should only be paid by uk athletics if the focus is on running for gb NOT a conversion and money spinner 

Have to say as much as I love the bloke I have to agree,

he signed a very lucrative deal with the london marathon, and is onto a good crack with nike,

he should only be paid by uk athletics if the focus is on running for gb NOT a conversion and money spinner

I think he's paid his funding back and then some with being double Olympic and World Champion? What more can he give!?

He wouldn't be competing for GB.

He would be competing for his country ENGLAND.

He should NOT get the funding now anyway, he is rich, give the money to other more deserving athletes.

I have just watched Andy Turner from Hucknall on tv, his funding has been stopped , but he said he was not worried he was OK financially, he would just miss the injury support etc, so if he is OK then so is Farah.

Okay theres no need to be pedantic, 

ill amend what I said, and put it in simple terms 

he should not be a funded athlete if his PRIMARY FOCUS is not on representing the nation/country. 

its not about pulling people down who have been successful, and it isnt about rewarding champions, 

The Marathon is not for anyones benefit this year, its just because its something he wants to try out, pretty sure thats not the reason of the funding programme 

out of interest why are the brownlees not funded??

Okay theres no need to be pedantic, 

ill amend what I said, and put it in simple terms 

he should not be a funded athlete if his PRIMARY FOCUS is not on representing the nation/country. 

its not about pulling people down who have been successful, and it isnt about rewarding champions, 

The Marathon is not for anyones benefit this year, its just because its something he wants to try out, pretty sure thats not the reason of the funding programme 

out of interest why are the brownlees not funded??

Think they're alright on there own mate!

Yeah but if they arent funded why should mo farah be funded, 

I dont want to take anything away from the bloke but surely there must be a cut off or criteria kept for funding, 

He has openly said his sole target is the marathon next year Not the commonwealth games

Archived