Crime watch. Madeline mcann.

MuespachRam

Ridiculous. Who the hell are you to judge how others should bring raise their children. Yes, they may have been ill advised to be having a drink a 100 metres or so from where they slept but they didn't deserve what happened to them. They deserve our support for the pain they have had to suffer and will suffer until they have got answers.

People can judge how kids are brought up and cared for. As a civilised society we do this and if anything haven't done it effectively in recent cases. These are young children who only have their parents to care for them. We judge others for their failings so why not for something as serious as child care?

If they weren't on holiday and left their kids at home asleep and then went to a restaurant at the end of the road and there had been a fire. Would they still be ok to have left them? Of course not, and the parents would be facing charges.

"The law does not set a minimum age at which children can be left alone. However, it is an offence to leave a child alone when doing so puts him or her at risk."

As I said my sympathy and thoughts are for the little girl, left on her own by her parents and then god knows what.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how different this is to leaving the kids in the living room whilst you mow the back lawn or leaving them in bed whilst you go into a bath for half an hour.

Leaving a child unattended is leaving a child unattended and I bet every, yes EVERY parent has left a child alone at some point.

Is it different to letting child play on the front, are April Jones' parents as responsible?

I wonder how different this is to leaving the kids in the living room whilst you mow the back lawn or leaving them in bed whilst you go into a bath for half an hour.

Leaving a child unattended is leaving a child unattended and I bet every, yes EVERY parent has left a child alone at some point.

Is it different to letting child play on the front, are April Jones' parents as responsible?

The different between your two examples are that you are there. If you're in a bath and your kid is asleep and they cry then, if they're anything like my daughter, you'll hear them. You are still there for them should they be in trouble. I personally wouldn't leave my 20 month old whilst I did any gardening because god knows what she may do and if I did it whilst she was asleep I'd have a monitor with me. I wouldn't leave the house and go somewhere else with no way of knowing what was happening in my house where my young children are.

Totally agree and well put.

Personally I wouldn't leave a 3 year old and two younger kids alone in the house whilst i was out cutting the lawn.... but i guess i am just a responsible parent..?

the difference is, they were left (not just on this oocasion let's not forget that Maddeline was crying the night before and got upset that no one came to her!) alone in a completely seperate building where they couldn't be seen or heard for the entire evening...in a foreign country whilst their parents were drinking...

send them more money....maybe then they can get the car valetted properly.

There's no way somebody could take my daughter and it take 30mins for me to know about it. There's no scenario where that could happen in our day to day lives.

You might get a 10min window where I'll be showering and she's in the living room alone. I would hear her cry. She's away from the dog. For her to vanish it would have to be a dramatic event. For her to be injured would be her doing something she knows she's not allowed to do. Again I'd hear her cry.

I consider that to be the adequate bare minimum protection for a toddler. She's too vulnerable to be left alone for any longer. Asleep or not. Infact the way she rolls about in her sleep she's safer awake!

They should not have left her .

Surely this was like leaving a child and going to the pub ?

Some people have differing ideas of what's acceptable.

I was in Majorca 2 weeks after she went missing. I saw couples with baby monitors on the tables out on the outdoor entertainment area. It was loud, so they would only be relying on catching the led lights flashing. Whilst watching the entertainment.

I thought it was wrong at the time, they weren't English so doubt would have heard about Maddy.

We bought some locator wrist straps for our kids so we could have half a chance of finding them with the detector if they did wander off.

Each to their own.

Personally, I can't warm to Mrs McCann, there's something about her.

I agree I think Boycie.

To some people they trust their kids to play all around the block. Some have to stay on the street. Some are allowed in the games room at a pub/club. Some have to stay at the table. Some parents will leave a 12yr old to the house while they go out, some make them stay with friends/grandparents

What they did was so stupid, selfish and dangerous. The fact that Maddie woke up the night before didn't figure in their thought process.

If they were claiming JSA and this happened in Pontins I bet they'd not only be getting a hard time but all the stereotypes would be out and they'd be the shining example of benefit Britain.

The fact that the complex ran a babysitting thing in the evenings that they didn't use is almost funny. Especially considering they used it in the day to play tennis.

Totally agree and well put.

How about this scenario then.....

An un married out of work pair of teenagers from Liverpool are in a caravan in skeg Vegas. They go down the club, for a few beers and a kebab every night whilst leaving there three kids in the van in supervised.

On the second or third night of partying with their mates unit up the early hours their daughter complains to them that she was scared because he didnt know where they were, they ignore this and continue going down the club for their beers and kebabs.

Then one night they wobble back to the caravan i find the unlocked door has been opened and one of their children has vanished. Or so they say. The local police force, after hours and hours i investigating finally come to the conclusion that the parents have killed the child themselves.

The next thing they are on TV every two seconds asking for money to und their trips back and forth to skeg Vegas so they can "look" for their kid.

They obviously cannot look for a job because they are too busy with their "charity" work..

They would have been locked up in seconds.

And rightly so.

I despise the McCanns, they are extremely well off as a family working as hospital consultants yet they were more than happy to take the public's money as some sort of charity to fund this ongoing search which they are directly culpable for. So more the fool anyone who dipped into their own pockets to subsidise the McCanns.

If they showed any signs of acceptance of blame then they would have refused these monies, more over if they were that desperate to find their daughter they would have sold their pile in Rothley and any other trinkets, live out of a cardboard box and plough all of their time AND savings into trying to right a wrong they contributed to. I see none of this until I do I cannot be convinced that they believe that they were to blame for the entire incident.

Something about these McCann's doesn't ring true with me, every time I see them they give me great doubt.

What amazes me how are the Met involved. The case surely is outside their responsibility. There must be a reason but other than the opportunity for some Golfing jollies in the Algarve I can't why they are involved in a Portuguese case. 

Something about these McCann's doesn't ring true with me, every time I see them they give me great doubt.

What amazes me how are the Met involved. The case surely is outside their responsibility. There must be a reason but other than the opportunity for some Golfing jollies in the Algarve I can't why they are involved in a Portuguese case. 

the reason they are involved is because the neglegant parents, in this cae happen to be well to do doctors.

There's something so rehearsed about the story which irks me. And yes, I agree with all the above re negligence.

Archived