most depressing game as a Derby fan

Mostyn6

Blackburn away (although we had a brilliant day as we normally do for the last away trip of the season). For 30 minutes we played them off the park, then like prats we went and scored. It was like prodding them with a pointed stick.

One of my favourite away days. Just a shame about the football match :lol: was in the pub on the hill just up the road from the ground, chanting at all passers by. The inflatables before the match and the female head of security(?) that was having a b!tch fit at them going on the pitch and got really mad when Freidel kept passing them back during the warm up, to the fatal mistake of a tannoy announcement to keep the inflatables off the pitch, that was like holding a red rag to a bull, her face when they all went on the pitch was hilarious and even funnier when Freidel tried getting as many back to us as possible. Oh, yeah, then the football match :(

Was at the same pub Rynny! Our minibus parked there. Rams everywhere, watching the fancy dress parade from outside the pub looking down on the road below.....great day out.

I was there, in full hawaiian gear, with 9ft inflatable palm tree and coconut shell bikini top.

That pub you mention Uttox ruined the day for me, seeing the Blackburn fan walk past with his two young daughters to be greeted with sickening chants about being a pedo. Then the Sikh taxi driver have a pint glass thrown at his taxi for having the audacity to be on the road.

I sincerely hope you weren't one of that group

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there, in full hawaiian gear, with 9ft inflatable palm tree and coconut shell bikini top.

That pub you mention Uttox ruined the day for me, seeing the Blackburn fan walk past with his two young daughters to be greeted with sickening chants about being a pedo. Then the Sikh taxi driver have a pint glass thrown at his taxi for having the audacity to be on the road.

Nope, never saw owt like that happen.

Nope, never saw owt like that happen.

Yeah, it was bad. Really embarrassing and shaming. IN spite of my persona on here, I'm generally a "live and let live" kind of guy, but those idiots truly ruined me, I still mention it now in conversations, and it was over 5 years ago!

Manure in the F A Cup S/F 1976.

And to make it worse, we then brought Tommy Dickheadty, and Gordon Fooking Hillbilly to the club.

And went downwards after.

And after that we bought Derek Hales.

God that still hurts.

The wrist slashers don't know how easy they got things nowadays.

I remember seeing the palm tree!! Was that before or after the game Mostyn?

Was at the same pub Rynny! Our minibus parked there. Rams everywhere, watching the fancy dress parade from outside the pub looking down on the road below.....great day out.

We were the guys playing footy with the air floater. Well, I say we, it was more one of the guys I was with tried passing it but the wind kept blowing it back over his head to a round of "du du du Darren Moore" :lol:

What has been the most depressing Xmas period as a Rams fan?

Those 3 defeats to Doncaster, Blackpool and Ssausagehorpe were pretty suicidal but another one was our first year back in the NPC.. We got hammered by Coventry on the box 3-0 following by a boxing day defeat at hometo Grimsby 1-3 and then 2 days later a 2-1 defeat at Reading with them scoring in the last minute..

Bad times.

That season was weird.. We absolutely hammered Reading 3-0 on the first game of the season.. Who'd have known back then that they would make the top 6 and we'd barely scrape 50 points.

The who east stand chanted "you've only come to see the champions" when we smashed the third in...

I went to every game during out last premiership stint, anyone want to pick a game out for me? :p

Think it was Wigan at home , we lost 2-0 I think Clod got sent off. Or losing 6-0 at home to Villa, I think the whole team had given up by then.

I remember seeing the palm tree!! Was that before or after the game Mostyn?

The giant inflatable Henderson in a Forest shirt was awesome.

losing 2-1 to liverpool in the prem after mcevelys late equaliser crowd going mental, then 2 minutes later gerrard scored

I remember that. McEveley kicked the ball out of Lewis Price's hands and it hit Gerrard on the shin and bounced in!

I also remember it being a pretty good Derby performance, certainly better than the away game and Bob Malcolm's shadow chasing. IN fact, I can remember Derby fans singing "We're proud of you, We're proud of you" to the team (to the tune of Auld Lang Syne). Surprised that's the most depressing game you've been to. Unless you haven't been to many.

Archived