Who would come ?

Cisse

If Derby would arrange a game next season that would welcome Rams fans from outside of UK who would be willing to travel for it ? What kind of things would be nice to be attached with it ? Like the stadium tours and such.

Just a bit curious would I be the only one interested.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice idea Cisse but we're not exactly Man Utd, so I don't think it'll happen.

I'm sure if you ask the right people, at the right time - they might throw something in as part of the deal, but as for making a sort of 'international fan day' at pride park, we just don't warrant that much attention over-seas. 

The game would have to be pretty good for people outside the UK to want to come all the way over for the match.

Every game at Pride Park is special. The Ipswich and Leeds games last week just happened to be a bit more special. -_-

I know Clough liked to keep it local, and that is why I haven't been to a home friendly in years - for my own selfish reasons would love to see Dortmund here! 

Twente would probably be game, would be a fairly big game - doubt we'd sell out for it though, but they're a good team. 

Just realised Steve McClaren is the person that signed Luuk De Jong for Twente? (now at Borussia Monchen..yeah) very, very, very good player - more of them type signings for us Steve, or whoever did the scouting on him - bring him in.

Anyone not 100% on him, he is worth watching. 

Nice idea Cisse but we're not exactly Man Utd, so I don't think it'll happen.

I'm sure if you ask the right people, at the right time - they might throw something in as part of the deal, but as for making a sort of 'international fan day' at pride park, we just don't warrant that much attention over-seas. 

Well we seem to have a couple of fans in Spain, Finland, USA and also fans in Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden, Denmark, Borneo, Switzerland, Mexico, Italy and there used to be someone from Russia too here on the forum. I know there are more fans in Finland for Derby. Also I've heard there more of us Rams fas in Norway, Sweden and italy. Oh and I almost forgot Croatia.

We ain't Man Utd but we could attract a couple of hundred wise men and women.

Well we seem to have a couple of fans in Spain, Finland, USA and also fans in Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden, Denmark, Borneo, Switzerland, Mexico, Italy and there used to be someone from Russia too here on the forum. I know there are more fans in Finland for Derby. Also I've heard there more of us Rams fas in Norway, Sweden and italy. Oh and I almost forgot Croatia.

Yeah, no doubt but I think it would take a more serious demand - we're talking 5,000+ at least to even consider it. I just don't think it'll happen.

I think your best bet would be to email the club, and try and get yourself sorted - hopefully they will do something for you, at least a stadium tour before the game and a drink in the players lounge...etc 

We used to have a right mental mob of Norwegians back in the 70's and some weird Belgians in the 90's.

I think there are quite a few Rams fans in Scandinavia. I'd also like to hear from jamesgoods how many Italian Rams there are already. Aren't there Rams fans also in Australia ? Muespach has been gathering crowds too, hasn't he ?

So if there is Rams fans out there let's hear about you and do you know other fans in your countries.

We used to have a right mental mob of Norwegians back in the 70's and some weird Belgians in the 90's.

Haha yeah, in the west stand lower to the right as you look at it? 

Remember walking past and hearing about 30 of them singing -

"Supair dupair Branko Strupair"

International day at PP could work, suppose it'd have to be Forest? Just a shame that it probably wont be played for a while after this seasons one in March.

Having knocked them out in the Wembley play off final in front of the whole world. 

Mwwwwaaa hahahahahahaha mwhuuu hahahahahahah

I think there are quite a few Rams fans in Scandinavia. I'd also like to hear from jamesgoods how many Italian Rams there are already. Aren't there Rams fans also in Australia ? Muespach has been gathering crowds too, hasn't he ?

So if there is Rams fans out there let's hear about you and do you know other fans in your countries.

I don't know - perhaps someone could draw a graph...

;)

Ermm I live in spain, as you will note from my imaginative name!

I am coming over with a load of them again for the Froest game, mainly from France and a few from Switzerland. Looks like we will have similar numbers to last time around 25-30, so should eb a good laugh again.

If you email the club they are more than happy to throw in the tour of the ground etc etc for any game with the exception of Froest, because it is too busy.

Would be great to meet up, we will of course be in the Neptune at 8 on Saturday morning.

Archived