Big Side

Mafiabob

Is it just me or did we utilise our height well today? Talking to a guy I work with whose a scouser ( went today got a mate who is a Leeds fan and was in away end ) and he commented on how big a side Derby are. He felt we looked a I imposing and strong side.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or did we utilise our height well today? Talking to a guy I work with whose a scouser ( went today got a mate who is a Leeds fan and was in away end ) and he commented on how big a side Derby are. He felt we looked a I imposing and strong side.

Erm... No? We are still small.

We have one tall central defender, but it is nice to see headers being won by our players in our box now and again.

Erm... No? We are still small.

didn't really think about it until I met him after. Forsyth Keogh Whitbread Eustace Hughes Martin all 6 footers?

didn't really think about it until I met him after. Forsyth Keogh Whitbread Eustace Hughes Martin all 6 footers?

wouldn't class Hughes as being tall, nor even Whitbread for a centre back. Though Eustace did well in the air today.

That matt smith looked a beast when we came on......and won every single header.

Why was he not playing from the start, given our dodgy defence?

It's just you.

That matt smith looked a beast when we came on......and won every single header.

Why was he not playing from the start, given our dodgy defence?

I think winning headers might be the extent of his abilities at this point, it's not like he's much of a goalscorer - although Noel Hunt and Ross McCormack hardly displayed much to say they should be keeping him out.

Oh and there's no way Hughes is 6'1" <_<

I think it's more the case that they are the smallest team we've played this year, until Matt Smith came on.

Archived