Steve McClaren

Day

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

couldnt agree more, 

Ive heard clough was sacked over the phone, if so thats a disgrace

rumour is that the board called a meeting to discuss his future - Nige refused to attend (probably knew what was coming) so they told him over the phone - not that disgraceful if true....

What I would absolutely hate to see is a load of supposedly 'big name signings' in January which would completely undermine our direction of travel.

If McClaren is able to get the best of what we've got and add the right kind of quality sparingly then I think it could work. However, if we go through the process of stripping away the squad Nigel has assembled and replace them with another raft of over paid has beens then it will all have been for nothing.

We have to stick to the direction of travel that Nigel has put in place, get the best out of what we've got and add in quality players with a similar character to the likes of Bryson, Bucko et al. where we can.

My biggest fear is that we try to go all out too soon, commit ourselves to a few bad players on large contracts and risk the foundations that have been put in place.

It's a game changing decision by Rush and the board - we await whether the game changes in our favour or sets us back again...

Me too....Did well at Boro and Twente, lets be honest he has to be alright to get the England job in the first place!!!

Annoyed that Nige has gone as it was a crap move by the board IMHO, but would be the best of a bad bunch of options at the moment

He had money at both the Clubs he had any kind of success at, when he had no money handed to him at Forest he walked out!

Surely the Board should be looking for a Manager with a proven track record of getting clubs Promoted from the Championship, for me Phil Brown should be given the chance the 3 Amigos didn't give him. He took Hull City up on a shoestring, and let's be serious here, that's as much as any new manager can expect here.

Let's get real for a minute, in what way is Steve McClaren any better than Nigel Clough?!?

They're both good Coaches, but poor Managers!

Archived