Leicester City v Derby County

Leicester Ram

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nige on RD now, unhappy we didn't get two penos, naive defending to give away two free kicks for the goals, Jacobs didnt play because he's got to make better decisions on the pitch than he does, he's got to learn

Listening to NC it's everbody else's fault we lost !! in his world he is blameless !

NC can do no wrong then ? whatever he does support him then ?

Well every manager makes judgements that others disagree with from Brian through to Nigel. But now is not the time to change that's a decision for may next year and personally I doubt many managers could do better under these financially restraints. We all feel frustrated and pissed of but I bet Nigel feels equally as down as anyone. I am sure this means a lot to him too.

Listening to NC it's everbody else's fault we lost !! in his world he is blameless !

What do you want him to say? It's my fault Coutts got injured (he was playing well at the time), ıt's my fault Russell missed an easy chance to make it 2-0. It's my fault Sammon fouled their player for the free kick which led to their 1st goal. It's my fault Grant couldn't get to the ball for their 2nd. It's my fault they were able to bring on 3 players (salaries in excess of 25k per week) after half time who would ruin almost any defence in this divison. It's my fault...

Tonight is an interesting one. Clough opted to play a near full strength side, maybe hoping for a comeback after Saturday, maybe hoping to keep the good away form going, or just continuity. Clearly, he went with the intention of winning it. A few posters here changed their opinion once they saw the two line ups(easy Derby win). I would rather he had gone for as Leicester did, giving a few of the squad players a run out. An ideal moment to try out our only CB cover in Gjokaj. And if what he said about Jacobs making wrong choices was true, then give the kid a match to try it out. 5 mins here or there won't help him.

The greater worry is that we buckled under the pressure and failed to take our chances. Failure to take the chances puts more pressure on our defence, who once again couldn't hold out. As a team we are not a strong defensive unit and I think Clough has to take responsibility for that.

As seems to be the way, it is frustrating.

If we can't compete on quality fine stop blaming everyone and saying we r a top 6 team sell what we can and stay forever were we r and the board can keep the profit how good is that

Give me one (yes, that's right, one example only) in the past 5 years where the board have kept any 'profit' we have made year on year.

The club (like pretty much every club in England) have been running at a loss each and every year since they took over.

What do you want him to say? It's my fault Coutts got injured (he was playing well at the time), ıt's my fault Russell missed an easy chance to make it 2-0. It's my fault Sammon fouled their player for the free kick which led to their 1st goal. It's my fault Grant couldn't get to the ball for their 2nd. It's my fault they were able to bring on 3 players (salaries in excess of 25k per week) after half time who would ruin almost any defence in this divison. It's my fault...

he says what i expect him to say after watching him for nearly 5 years - its his fault and his fault etc - not mine

The Jacobs criticism is really unfair in my eyes, notices feb/march time Clough liked naming him for criticism in interviews. Seems to have confirmed theirs an issue tonight.

Disappointed to lose after leading with twelve minutes left, much rather lose tonight than Saturday though! I don't agree with Cloughs policy of naming and shaming players, doesn't seem to be any consistency to it either. And a few players seem to be exempt!

its petty to be honest. 

Look at readings second goal, russell got the blame for messing it up in the box. 

1. the keeper should have saved it, or at least dived at it....thats what he is there for?

2. why is the ball in the box in the first place?

3. who gave reading possession to put the ball there?

4. who missed a clear opportunity before they scored?

An individual error is a bad mispass to a keeper or an own goal. the goals we are letting in are not individual errors but collectively as a team.

Its easy to say freeman was at fault for letting them cross the ball, but why arent the centre halfs dealing with it? why does the keeper stand and watch whilst the ball goes into the net?

These are the questions he should be asking.

Cough needs to play back that RD interview in the morning then look at himself in the mirror. His team his coaching his tactics.

We now play some of the good teams in this league lets see what happens. Not Yeovil millwall and Bolton but teams in the top ten.

Leicester out thought us tonight with a reserve team who knew the introduction of quality would count and it did.

As for playing Hughes when he has a dodgy groin and pelvis that is criminal, in January he will be moaning that he is fatigued and exhausted. The game is littered with young players who do not reach potential due to that type of injury or weakness not being respected by a club. Shame on you Nigel.

Archived