NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints have gone from 0-3 to 4-4. 

Most popular theory is that they're aiming to win just enough games to miss out on local hero Leonard Fournette (LSU) in the draft.

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Most popular theory is that they're aiming to win just enough games to miss out on local hero Leonard Fournette (LSU) in the draft.

Would Fournette be your number one choice, assuming Saints don't continue this mini surge of form...?

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Do you need him? Ingram has always seemed like a guy with breakout potential and Tim Hightower doing well proves you don't need an "elite" running back to sustain a decent rushing attack?

52 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Would Fournette be your number one choice, assuming Saints don't continue this mini surge of form...?

As a Saints and LSU fan, yes. But as just a Saints fan, the D still needs something else.

48 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Do you need him? Ingram has always seemed like a guy with breakout potential and Tim Hightower doing well proves you don't need an "elite" running back to sustain a decent rushing attack?

As above, LSU fans have been permanently frustrated by Saints refusal to draft anyone from them, it would just be exciting. Like a Derby player playing for England, LSU fans want their best players to play for their hometown team. 

Also, as good as Brees is and while he's showing no signs of slowing down in his age, we do need to think about a focal spot for our offense post Brees. An Elite running back also extends Brees' health potentially.

That Seahawks W in NE is a bit of a killer for Cards, think it's extremely difficult to see us getting into the play-off's now. Which is a massive pain in the arse because Larry and Palmer aren't getting any younger. If a few field goals had gone differently this season then we'd be looking at something like 6-3 instead of 4-4-1. 

Panthers defence is trash.

Cowboys look great but I'm not sure if they'll go all the way with a Rookie QB and RB, particularly when Seahawks and Patriots are experienced Super Bowl winning outfits. 

Recommend everyone checks out the NFL YouTube channel, which posts game highlights as the games are happening and full recaps pretty much the instant they're over. NFL Films on YouTube also has great documentary type videos on everything in football you can think of, really educated me in all things NFL and I'm quickly becoming obsessed.

8 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

That Seahawks W in NE is a bit of a killer for Cards, think it's extremely difficult to see us getting into the play-off's now. Which is a massive pain in the arse because Larry and Palmer aren't getting any younger. If a few field goals had gone differently this season then we'd be looking at something like 6-3 instead of 4-4-1. 

Cowboys look great but I'm not sure if they'll go all the way with a Rookie QB and RB, particularly when Seahawks and Patriots are experienced Super Bowl winning outfits. 

Recommend everyone checks out the NFL YouTube channel, which posts game highlights as the games are happening and full recaps pretty much the instant they're over. NFL Films on YouTube also has great documentary type videos on everything in football you can think of, really educated me in all things NFL and I'm quickly becoming obsessed.

If you enjoy all the highlights as they happen I highly recommend you watch Redzone (it's on Sky, but you'll find a stream quite easily). It's alot like Soccer Saturday but you see the highlights as they happen and shows 2/4/6 games at once if there's important things going on.

Me and my mates meet up every Sunday with a takeaway, our fantasy football teams and watch it. It's great fun!

57 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

If you enjoy all the highlights as they happen I highly recommend you watch Redzone (it's on Sky, but you'll find a stream quite easily). It's alot like Soccer Saturday but you see the highlights as they happen and shows 2/4/6 games at once if there's important things going on.

Me and my mates meet up every Sunday with a takeaway, our fantasy football teams and watch it. It's great fun!

Oh yeah, I watch Redzone too. I can see why Football appeals so much to Americans, such a perfect lazy Sunday evening activity.

7 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

I prefer the Redzone to watching a game on the other channel. Constant action & no studio talk nonsense. 

On 17 November 2016 at 00:40, Leicester Ram said:

I would add to that for people to look at the free Sky Sports channel - Sky Sports Mix.  It has America's game which is the story of a Super Bowl winning team from a specific season told by three players / coaches.  I have seen as old as 1966 Packers and as new as the Broncos from last season.  They also have a Football Life which concentrates on the life and career of a player or coach.  Both brilliant.

Archived