Sir David Frost dies

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Veteran broadcaster Sir David Frost has died at the age of 74 after a suspected heart attack.

Sir David's career spanned journalism, comedy writing and daytime television presenting, including The Frost Report and That Was The Week That Was.

Internationally, he will be remembered for his revealing interviews with former US President Richard Nixon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23920336#TWEET874837

Sad news , only recently watched the Frost/Nixon film (Martin Sheen played Frost).

Frost was probably one of the worlds greatest interviewers, determined to get the truth out of his subjects..

R.I.P.

I really enjoyed that film. I'd only ever really seen Frost as a tv presenter, caught his breakfast show quite a few times. Massively important interview with Nixon and incredibly bold.

A broadcasting God. A hugely talented and intelligent man who could root out corruption and expose it without losing his undoubted charm. He was also funny and (from those who knew him) well-liked. I haven't heard such glowing tributes for a while. He will be missed. He has inspired so many but I doubt whether his achievements will be matched.

Archived