Top Marks DCFC Fans - well most!

prodgers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets end this now.

I have spoken to at least 5 players within the squad. They like the song and want more of it.

Its just 1 song. 

I guess some fans just like to moan and criticise...

Didn't realise you were in charge of debates.

It's great that you're making an effort, but when we are down it's not the right song, simple as.

Didn't realise you were in charge of debates.

It's great that you're making an effort, but when we are down it's not the right song, simple as.

tbf buddy it's either Nick's noise or no noise. Anyone can start the right song. They don't though.

I include myself as i dont do anything eithet.I hate our chants of recent years. But anything new either falls on its face or it gets criticised. So I join in or I stay quiet.

We're out of ideas. All we have is Nick doing what he can

Agree it seems that it is Nick organising things or nothing. 

I thought the noise in the first 15 minutes yesterday was brilliant - rather like the Team - until Burnley scored then the Team went off the boil and the crowd quiet. Personally I agree 'come on Derby' or the likes is much more supportive than that boring song. I suppose it does create some noise - thats all, but with 'come on Derby' etc you are more likely to get other parts of the ground joining in. What ever happened all those old songs or may be it says something for the rubbish pop songs that are around today compared with the 60's and 70's - sorry just showing my age !!

Still a great effort Nick in organising the South Stand move.

Which leads me to my real point. How many more times during the season will the 'South Stand' have to move? No doubt Florist, Wednesday and  Leeds any more? I thought we certainly missed the South Stand support at the Leicester game. I sit on the half way line in East lower and you could just not hear anything coming from the South West Corner where I think most were moved to, but when behind the goal the difference is amazing and that is without as yet seeing a winning team !! If only we could move the away fans to the South West Corner you would never hear them - that has got to be the target surely. 

Just me ranting in my 'old age'. Keep up the good work Nick.

it'd be so much better and more people would join in if the songs were less....er....well....*****.

My mates made me chuckle earlier though...

they did the Van McCoy song "the hustle" but changed it to "do the Russell!" made me cringe, but laugh too.

Singing this one stupid song for thirty minutes constantly also eliminates any possible chance of another song being started.

All for backing the team but want to watch the game as well, watching the football is why I'm there. Jumping up and down mindlessly is not for me.

Not sure where this idea of who sings loudest is the best fan comes from? There's an idiot at away games who walks round bollocking people for not singing. Big tall youth who doesn't look particularly bright!

Singing this one stupid song for thirty minutes constantly also eliminates any possible chance of another song being started.

All for backing the team but want to watch the game as well, watching the football is why I'm there. Jumping up and down mindlessly is not for me.

Not sure where this idea of who sings loudest is the best fan comes from? There's an idiot at away games who walks round bollocking people for not singing. Big tall youth who doesn't look particularly bright!

He come's across as a right tit.

My favourite moment of his was at Reading a few years back; he came stumbling down the stairs into our aisle to try and get the "will somebody give me a DDDDD....." song going. He then proceeded to spell Derby wrong. 

I'm all for making noise regardless as it's like Alpha says, it's either Ultra-style noise or no noise! 

The "barmy army" chant went all around the ground at one point and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, was brilliant. Shame the performance didn't match up. 

I'm all for making noise regardless as it's like Alpha says, it's either Ultra-style noise or no noise!

The "barmy army" chant went all around the ground at one point and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, was brilliant. Shame the performance didn't match up.

Point is maybe others don't want to, all about personal preference! Shouldn't be judged either way

Point is maybe others don't want to, all about personal preference! Shouldn't be judged either way

Wrong end of the stick I think pal, my post was about the Ultra-type songs that get sung often Vs Derby songs that never get sung and me joining in. 

Totally agree with what you're saying mind. 

He come's across as a right tit.

My favourite moment of his was at Reading a few years back; he came stumbling down the stairs into our aisle to try and get the "will somebody give me a DDDDD....." song going. He then proceeded to spell Derby wrong.

He's the one that called a Derby fan (woman) a sl*g and it got a reaction.

He started singing 442 once when we were playing well in 451 but got caught on the break. The next few weeks followed the same pattern every time we shipped a goal. It was about the time of the "we pay your wages play 442 chant"

I know a lad who sits with him. Says he's alright away from football. Gets on my nerves with the eagerness to moan though

Archived