15,000 season tickets sold

davenportram

And pro rata prices available

There's still time to secure your seat at Pride Park Stadium for the 2013/14 season.

Derby County's 2013/14 Sky Bet Championship season may well be underway - but Season tickets for the campaign are still available to purchase on general sale on a pro-rata rate from as £255!

The Rams have sold around 15,000 season tickets for the season, and there's still time for you to secure your seat for the campaign ahead.

With two games played at Pride Park this season, against Blackburn Rovers and Leicester City, the £255 price reflects that there are two games less included in new season ticket package purchases.

With Derby achieving a tenth-placed finish in the 2012/13 Championship and being the third top goalscorers on home turf in the division, there have been plenty of positives for the Rams to build on ahead of the new season.

Nigel Clough's men are aiming to challenge for a playoff berth this season, with six new exciting arrivals signing up in the form of Lee Grant (Burnley), Chris Martin (Norwich City), Johnny Russell (Dundee United) and Craig Forsyth & John Eustace (Watford) and Adam Smith (Tottenham Hotspur).

The Rams have aimed this year’s season ticket messaging around DNA - ‘Derby Now Always’. Derby fans are, fundamentally, the DNA of the club, showing their passion and loyalty both at Pride Park and on the road. Being Black & White is a distinctive characteristic of being a Ram and a new website, WeAreDerby.com/dna, has been launched to fall alongside the season ticket campaign.

Certain areas of the South Stand will be open for supporters for the first time to ensure Nigel Clough’s side will be cheered on by fans behind both goals as of this season, although season tickets in this area have now sold out, while the Rams’ commitment to future generations remains intact with FREE season tickets for children under the age of 12 with every adult season ticket purchase.

If you sign up by the end of August, you can pay for your season ticket over an eight month period!

To view the 2013/14 season ticket prices and plans, follow this link: http://dcfc.pvxgateway.com/seasontickets/pricing/

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/be-part-of-the-action-201314-969342.aspx#4jPSFUObmo2C5YB6.99

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could spend all morning picking out the spin in that paragraph but will limit myself to:-

1. If we had reached the playoffs last seaosn this would be a postive. 10th position is mid table also ran fodder. You cannot laud this as an achievement or something to write home about.

2. A third of the "excting" signings were playing for us last season. Apart from Russell the others mentioned do not excite me one iota. 

Is this just sheer desperation to get the numbers up, the bottom of the barrel being scraped or do they actually believe the hype? How does 15k season tickets compre to last season, seaosn before that?

All these offers are just cheapening the season ticket and lessening the value for those who signed up before the start of the season.

I miss a couple of games a season due to other commitments and seeing the offers / dynamic pricing its making me think would I be better off picking and choosing my games.

The savings today are only £1 - £2 per game, they used to be much more before the dynamic pricing came in, it doesn't offer the value it once did.

All these offers are just cheapening the season ticket and lessening the value for those who signed up before the start of the season.

I miss a couple of games a season due to other commitments and seeing the offers / dynamic pricing its making me think would I be better off picking and choosing my games.

The savings today are only £1 - £2 per game, they used to be much more before the dynamic pricing came in, it doesn't offer the value it once did.

This comment was made preseason and the club put out stats showing it was a lot cheaper to watch with season tickets, taking the average price paid per game by those going game by game.

And how is offering prorata season tickets cheapening the full price season ticket? It is charging people for what they are actually going to see.

For the first three home games of the season my ticket has saved me about £4 compared to the cost of buying individual tickets.

On that basis I'd be better off picking and choosing games knowing I may miss one or two and would probably as I haven't made a commitment miss some of the less fancied games.

I can't be the only one who feels that way and it probably goes some way to explaining why we have lost so many season ticket holders over the past 5 years.

For the first three home games of the season my ticket has saved me about £4 compared to the cost of buying individual tickets.

On that basis I'd be better off picking and choosing games knowing I may miss one or two and would probably as I haven't made a commitment miss some of the less fancied games.

I can't be the only one who feels that way and it probably goes some way to explaining why we have lost so many season ticket holders over the past 5 years.

In the same section as your ST? For mine it's been about £4 a game do that would be £100 over a season.

That's taking an average over the season on my season ticket price. But seein as some games are worth more in my ST than others that's an unfair comparison.

Pretty poor. Last chance saloon this season for the ownership to deliver a challenge and get people excited again?

Been saying that for three years now.

Our attendances and season ticket sales have dropped to levels pre Gadsby. Natural reductions due to being out the top flight.

Been saying that for three years now.

Our attendances and season ticket sales have dropped to levels pre Gadsby. Natural reductions due to being out the top flight.

I've been right behind the approach taken at the club, but my faith is at an end. Time to deliver or sell up.

Initially I thought Davenportram was being a little naughty and adding the word exciting in to the quote, seeing as at no point did the actual, much maligned phrase "six exciting signings" directly come out of anyone's mouth.

Then I read it on the website and no, some idiot has actually put it into writing and is genuinely now trying to call all of our signings exciting. Aaaaaaaargh! :angry:

So only 4/5 thousands are snapping up these demand pricing tickets.

Very poor considering how much the official DCFC tweet about them, it's all plastered around the stadium too.

Next season in may reach under 20,000 - just two thousand more than we got at the BBG in 1996...

So only 4/5 thousands are snapping up these demand pricing tickets.

Very poor considering how much the official DCFC tweet about them, it's all plastered around the stadium too.

Next season in may reach under 20,000 - just two thousand more than we got at the BBG in 1996...

A few seasons ago we had 19 thousand season ticket holders and average attendances of 25000 so 6000 paying on the day. ST sales dropped by a quartet walk up sales dropped by 1/6. Seem to have held walk up sales better than season ticket sales.

A few seasons ago we had 19 thousand season ticket holders and average attendances of 25000 so 6000 paying on the day. ST sales dropped by a quartet walk up sales dropped by 1/6. Seem to have held walk up sales better than season ticket sales.

also I know a lot of people who use the 6 and 12 game plan facility

I could spend all morning picking out the spin in that paragraph but will limit myself to:-

1. If we had reached the playoffs last seaosn this would be a postive. 10th position is mid table also ran fodder. You cannot laud this as an achievement or something to write home about.

2. A third of the "excting" signings were playing for us last season. Apart from Russell the others mentioned do not excite me one iota. 

Is this just sheer desperation to get the numbers up, the bottom of the barrel being scraped or do they actually believe the hype? How does 15k season tickets compre to last season, seaosn before that?

Pretty poor. Last chance saloon this season for the ownership to deliver a challenge and get people excited again?

Are we seriously complaining that the club are advertising the fact that season tickets are still available?

Would you rather we didnt sell any more?

Maybe people that were in 2 minds have seen we have had a "reasonable" start and reconsider and buy one?

How is there any downside, or anything negative, about getting more fans in.

And the article itself, well of course its going to big the club up. Its not going to say "we werent bad last season and weve made some okay signings."

Isnt the point in advertising twisting the truth by any means possible to make you want that product?

I remember watching DCFC in the early 60's and the crowd average was around 14,000 and when Clough was appointed and became succesful the crowd average increased to 40,000.

The point I'm making is that there is only a hard core of true supporters in any football team approx. 45% who will commit to watching their team through thick & thin - re see Wolves crowd attendances over the past 3 years- and the rest will only support 'their' team if they are winning, i.e 55%.

It reminds me of the French resistance in the war who had only <500,000 members during the conflict, but at the end of the war they had >10 million members.

We all want to support a winning team, hence young lads wearing Man United/Barcelona/Real Madrid shirts.

I'm proud to be a true supporter.

If they want to sell more tickets then they should stop selling our quality players and make a couple of markee signings every summer so the fans get excited about seeing some new talented players at the club and come to the games.

Selling the best players won't get the fans in surely they've learnt that by now.

Are we seriously complaining that the club are advertising the fact that season tickets are still available?

Would you rather we didnt sell any more?

Maybe people that were in 2 minds have seen we have had a "reasonable" start and reconsider and buy one?

How is there any downside, or anything negative, about getting more fans in.

And the article itself, well of course its going to big the club up. Its not going to say "we werent bad last season and weve made some okay signings."

Isnt the point in advertising twisting the truth by any means possible to make you want that product?

I'm right behind them advertising or whatever, I'm moaning that we only sold 15k S/T's. Disappointing IMO.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Archived