Ex-Rams Thread

May Contain Nuts

Conor Doyle is scoring out there, got another last night.

Think it is lower Championship/League One level, got better in recent years.

It's really difficult to judge as it's more of a passing game and the players have more time on the ball. From what I've seen, most sides would survive in the Championship but not much better than that.

They're certainly playing the salaries and transfer fees out there. I've heard wages of 100k plus a week for some of the MLS players.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is clear though that he has progressed since he left DCFC.

Positioning wise he looks very astute and is making options - quality with the ball is lacking still, that cross before was a prime example - wide left after making a good run and crossed it straight at the keeper, you'd be pulling your hair out if you was the manager, but holloway doesn't have that problem.  :ph34r:

Positioning wise he looks very astute and is making options - quality with the ball is lacking still, that cross before was a prime example - wide left after making a good run and crossed it straight at the keeper, you'd be pulling your hair out if you was the manager, but holloway doesn't have that problem.  :ph34r:

That's what I mean, he is a far better defensive player that he was here, there were countless times when an average opposing winger/full back would skin him several times per game, he has done a pretty decent job on Walker and Lennon as well, yes they have beat him a couple of times, but that is what pace does.

Think left back is an area where we need to strength as I don't think Forsyth is good enough so far, in fact reminds me a bit of Moxey as the start of his DCFC career. Maybe try Freeman at LB and Smith at RB for Yeovil?

That's what I mean, he is a far better defensive player that he was here, there were countless times when an average opposing winger/full back would skin him several times per game, he has done a pretty decent job on Walker and Lennon as well, yes they have beat him a couple of times, but that is what pace does.

Think left back is an area where we need to strength as I don't think Forsyth is good enough so far, in fact reminds me a bit of Moxey as the start of his DCFC career. Maybe try Freeman at LB and Smith at RB for Yeovil?

I think we need to stick with Forsyth unless we bring another one in, which I would be very open too - but, he needs to make that position his own but he needs to improve at the same time.

Palace have really impressed me the last 30 minutes of this game. 

Clough sold Moxey because he thought Gareth Roberts was better. :lol:  :lol:

Gareth Roberts was twice the defender Moxey was at that time so a good decision from Clough.

A left back is there to defend. An attacking prowess is a bonus.

Archived