Ex-Rams Thread

May Contain Nuts

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donny have got themselves an absolute bargain in Theo.

And to think people are satisfied with the money we got, he's worth double that regardless of how long he had of his contract remaining.

Surplus to requirements? Sammon will be sold next then for afew grand and that'll also be deemed acceptable.

150,000 Theo has now scored more goals (for a poorer side) than Martin, Russell, Ward and Sammon.

How many league goals have the above mentioned scored individually and had playing time compared to Theo?

Theo didnt even have a proper pre season, just a game or two against tinpot sides like Buxton.

Two goals, two games against decent opposition.

Donny have got themselves an absolute bargain in Theo.

And to think people are satisfied with the money we got, he's worth double that regardless of how long he had of his contract remaining.

Surplus to requirements? Sammon will be sold next then for afew grand and that'll also be deemed acceptable.

150,000 Theo has now scored more goals (for a poorer side) than Martin, Russell, Ward and Sammon.

Just so we have it on record how much do you think Sammon is worth?

His first touch was crap, but his finishing was better than that of Sammons or even Martins.

Surely you can't judge a player (especially a striker) a poor player because they haven't the ball control of Xavi.

He scores goals, thats his job and he did in a pretty poor side which rarely created any chances and he's doing it again now at Donny.

His first touch was crap, but his finishing was better than that of Sammons or even Martins.

Surely you can't judge a player (especially a striker) a poor player because they haven't the ball control of Xavi.

He scores goals, thats his job and he did in a pretty poor side which rarely created any chances and he's doing it again now at Donny.

Just for reference which thread did you use for praising Clough for getting such a bargain when he bought Theo?

Theo had a terrible first touch and wasn't very good imo.

Did a job at the time but I prefer players who can play

Scored goals though, an last time I went to a game, the team that scored the most goals took the points...interesting to see if Russell can manage to score 10+ at this level in a season, its a big step up from the SPL...

So surely selling him for a few grand would be acceptable then?

Put it this way; With ten minutes left in a game and us behind. Who would you bring on to run at tired defenders? Theo, Sammon or Martin? The latter two are pretty limited, they'll win headers and will run for balls, but will they score a goal?

His first touch isn't the greatest, but on a flip side Sammon and Martins GOAL SCORING ratio isn't either - surely as a striker that's the main attribute required.

Put it this way; With ten minutes left in a game and us behind. Who would you bring on to run at tired defenders? Theo, Sammon or Martin? The latter two are pretty limited, they'll win headers and will run for balls, but will they score a goal?

His first touch isn't the greatest, but on a flip side Sammon and Martins GOAL SCORING ratio isn't either - surely as a striker that's the main attribute required.

That depends on formation and tactics.

If you're playing 4-5-1 with attacking midfielders then I would say no.

But his contribution to the rest of the game was appalling.

Any pass to Theo was likely to result in a loss of possession. He scored but not a great deal. Just a decent amount for an average side?

Other than that he was a poor outlet.

Martin will give you something to work off. I don't think he's here to be the main provider of goals unless it luckily works out that way. He's the sort of partner that fits players like Theo.

I just can't forget the countless moments of frustration with Robinson.

I try not to change my opinion of somebody before/after they've been with us.

I rated Shackell and I stick by it that he was better for us than our current CB's

I rated Savies and I would prefer him over Sammon

But Theo I never especially rated. He just did a job while I hoped for a better player. I won't miss him. I don't think he does enough. He's got a few goals in him. That's it. He's often a hindrance. Good luck to him though. Always put in a satisfactory shift.

Always offside too.

Archived