The Gordon Guthrie Stand

dan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the article in the DET, the idea to name the stand after Gordon came from the sponsors themselves, who were already sponsoring the stand anyway. If so, fair play to them. It's better to have sponsors who have an affinity for the club and it's history than some faceless multinational company, and at least they pay their taxes.

Then we should have a whip round to not have it sponsored,pound a man should do it.

Just about to reply but chezzyram beat me to it, fair play to the sponsors, got nothing against them

Woah. I'm just saying I would rather it be called The Gordon Guthrie Stand and not The Gordon Guthrie Stand sponsored by A N Other Compony.

That's all.

Not having a go! Everyone's got different opinions! Would be boring without them :)

Peter Marples, Director and co-owner of Aspire Achieve Advance Limited, said: “I appreciate Gordon is 82 but should he be looking for either a part time or full time position, as the fastest growing training providers, we can help him".

Haha fair play to them but nobody could afford him.

Haha fair play to them but nobody could afford him.

Private, please don't credit them with a sense of humour, I made it up! I was making a point about how companies try to create the illusion they are involved for anything other than the real reason i.e. to generate publicity for themselves. My post was maybe a bit too subtle :)

Private, please don't credit them with a sense of humour, I made it up! I was making a point about how companies try to create the illusion they are involved for anything other than the real reason i.e. to generate publicity for themselves. My post was maybe a bit too subtle :)

I could ban you for excessive use of irony. Careful now. Stop confusing other posters.

Woah. I'm just saying I would rather it be called The Gordon Guthrie Stand and not The Gordon Guthrie Stand sponsored by A N Other Company.

That's all.

Well you pay the money that Aspire Achieve Advance are paying to the club and then you can call it whatever you want!

Archived