Ben Pringle

Rich3478

Anyone else noticed Ben Pringles progress at Rotherham?

Keep reading glowing reports of him, scored an absolute screamer in the cup last week. Definate first team played nowadays and rotherhams best prospect. Read other the weekend a couple of championship sides expressing an interest. Think sheff wed and Leeds were two of them, around ,£500k,£600k!

Think he plays as a left midfielder/winger. It just all surprises me everytime I see it. Was young and still learning during his time here, really didn't see much potential to be honest. Thought he seemed out of his depth and probably was for his age. Clough obviously saw something, maybe didn't grow rapidly enough to be involved with derby. Now is obviously starting to realise his potential.

Fair play to him though. Always nice to see ex players improving and making a career for themselves. Ian evatt ended up in the prem for a season!

Shows that you need a good attitude and work ethic to match natural talent. Keep it up lad and good luck to him.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't surprise me, he is the same as Bucko, prepared to give his all on match day and play at a consistent level, needed to grow as was a wee man when at Derby but maybe he has now

Always liked him, liked the fact he played for Ilkeston but commuted from the North East, shows commitment.

He was never a bad player. Just never a brilliant one. But when you've been playing in the sixth tier and then play in the Championship with no time on the ball and a poor team around you, you're not going to learn much.

We might have loaned him out but he was around when we used to have half the squad injured. That's why he ended up playing so much.

He was never a bad player. Just never a brilliant one. But when you've been playing in the sixth tier and then play in the Championship with no time on the ball and a poor team around you, you're not going to learn much.

We might have loaned him out but he was around when we used to have half the squad injured. That's why he ended up playing so much.

He only played 800 minutes of first team football for us in two seasons. 

He was my MOTM on his debut(?) against Cardiff on the last day of the season, never really saw anything wrong in his play but did come across as vaguely limited - I am glad to see him doing well, having watched him for both Ilkeston and Derby and chatted to him on occasions, he is a normal down to earth lad who is living the dream.

I remember seeing Derby draw 0-0 at Swansea a few years ago when we had Bueno, Commons, etc. Clough put Pringle and Pearson on in the 2nd half and distinctly remember thinking Pringle had a far better touch and was a more intelligent player than Pearson. 
I think he could go on to have a decent career, maybe along the lines of Paul Green, move up through the leagues and become a reasonable championship midfielder.

Anyone know what's happened to Dave Martin these days?

Noticed him on the scoresheet the other day., completely forgot about him!

Didn't he get put on the Clough naughty step by being at loan to Torquay and after a few games thought he was above them? He then cancelled the loan deal? Could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

Archived