Association

Asanovic

This is first team in years, possibly since the mid 90s, that I can associate with the people working for the club.

We've suffered fools for years - overpaid, overrated, egotistical people have come and gone - players, staff and owners.

But at the moment I feel like we have a loyal man of integrity and principles running the team, a transparent Chief Executive and a group of players that want to work for their manager, and for the supporters. The quality might not be the highest we've seen, but I can't remember a Derby team as a collective that work this hard. The blend of quality and work rate is almost right now, I think.

I really hope we're ready for the top six this season, although it probably is hope more than expectation at the moment. But I believe the people running my club have the best interest of my club at heart, and I haven't been able to say that for years.

The club at the moment appeal to me. I pay my money and I want to see bodies on the line for the shirt. I get that every week. There's quality in there too, and that's a nice place to be in. We need to build on that quality, but having grit and determination is a good place to start.  

Mistakes will be made, we'll lose games we shouldn't, but the club will continue to get my unequivocal support - I believe in them.

Come on you Rams.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't add much more than that Asanovic.

I feel it's all coming together nicely. I remain hopeful, yet realistic for the new season, I'm trying really hard not to get to far ahead of myself!! We have some good momentum going into the season and hope we can to credit on the pitch to all the excellent work being done off it! I think we may just come up a little short in terms of the top 6 but I would be happy if we were in the mix come the final day of the season, that would be a very welcome change!

I'm proud to be a Ram again, onwards and upwards!

Absolutely.

I didn't see any better teams than us at home last season, and I watched a lot of championship games and in terms of quality I think we're right up there. We had a weak underbelly and were despicably wasteful in front of goal.

If we can get it right, we're onto a winner - however, as long as we continue to play nice football and we can enjoy being competitive for games, then I'm not one to moan. The premiership would be nice, but, far from my reason to watch football!  

Completely agree Asanovic. Firmly believe that the overwhelming majority of those running the club have their heart in the right place.

Sometimes, it makes it worse when they lose. It's a bit depressing when you know the team is trying their best, but it isn't good enough. For Jewell's team, for example, they really could have done better if they pulled their finger out,

There's loads of players though that you can identify with, if only for the fact they're accessible, normal-ish human beings. You'd go for a pint with most of them.

To be honest, even though last season was unspectacular, it was the squad I was probably most proud with, with Burley's team.

I didn't like the 06/07 team. Lots of crap players, lots of negative personalities, and lots of questionable football. We were a lucky team in a poor league and it all got exposed the season after.

Absolutely.

I said the other day that it's the first time in years that I feel part of Derby County.

If this team of triers get us in to the premier league or even close then it would be nothing short of a footballing miracle and it would be sooooooo bloody refreshing to see, not just for us but for all football fans. Stick your Arab owners, stick your 6 managers and stick your tosspot players up your arse.

COME ON DERBY!!!!!

Absolutely.

I didn't see any better teams than us at home last season, and I watched a lot of championship games and in terms of quality I think we're right up there. We had a weak underbelly and were despicably wasteful in front of goal.

If we can get it right, we're onto a winner - however, as long as we continue to play nice football and we can enjoy being competitive for games, then I'm not one to moan. The premiership would be nice, but, far from my reason to watch football!  

You pinched my reply to Asanovic :) . Totally agree. I think we might fall slightly short but at last there's hope and that's some improvement given the Club's position some 5 years ago.

Could we please have just this one thread that doesn't descend into the usual ongoing battle between the galss half full and glass half empty brigades?!?!?

Positivity only please people...

Good luck with that tonight :lol:

Archived