Jack Andrews and Josh Thomas

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if either will get contracts. I know someone who works in the Forest academy, and he told me about these two lads coming to us for a trial about 2 weeks ago.

He said their attitudes were poor, and weren't that particularly gifted and he rated our Max Lowe head and shoulder above Jack Andrews.

Amazing that you florist scum mate knew this 2 weeks ago as the lads didnt even know then ! I spoke to one of our scouts last night at burton and he told me the lads had been invited in,he only spoke to one of the lads on friday evening for the first time, it was only sorted last thursday/friday, and its nothing to do with the red *****.

why dont you name your source ? i bet the lads and there families would love to have a chat with him, these lads just want a chance to make a living out of this wonderful sport, lets give them that chance and leave the florist scum to carry on buying all there foreign players.

i hope these lads do get offered contracts and we can add more local boys.

What if they actually have got poor attitudes and aren't up to it? No point signing rubbish. 

I do have faith in our youth management to run the rule over them mind, leave it to them. 

Amazing that you florist scum mate knew this 2 weeks ago as the lads didnt even know then ! I spoke to one of our scouts last night at burton and he told me the lads had been invited in,he only spoke to one of the lads on friday evening for the first time, it was only sorted last thursday/friday, and its nothing to do with the red *****.

why dont you name your source ? i bet the lads and there families would love to have a chat with him, these lads just want a chance to make a living out of this wonderful sport, lets give them that chance and leave the florist scum to carry on buying all there foreign players.

I have no problem in naming my source - Nick Marshall - do you know him?

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference, he has no connection now with Forest after leaving a few months ago. Hope you can sleep easy now tonight and dream about adding some more local boys to the academy... :rolleyes:

I have no problem in naming my source - Nick Marshall - do you know him?

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference, he has no connection now with Forest after leaving a few months ago. Hope you can sleep easy now tonight and dream about adding some more local boys to the academy... :rolleyes:

I must apologise after I re-read my post I come over as to aggressive, to many beers !!

But I feel passionate about our game and clubs who just don’t give local lads a chance.

You hear the fa go on about the new under 21’s development league and the reasons behind it.

It supposed to give the lads 3 years of development time( under 19 20 21) , that saying, in 3 years the lads will be ready for first team action as its too much of an ask to go from youth football to first team football, in one season, hence only the 3 players  playing as quoted below..

Please let me know of anymore that you can think of.

Teams like forest love foreign kids and when they are no better than the boys that are local to clubs it winds me up, as the lads will feel they are on the scrap heap at 18 !!

I do feel we give lads more of a chance with the likes of Will, Mason Jamie Hanson etc all having exposure to the first team.

Leicester won’t give their local lads a chance another team who again prefer foreign kids.

When are we going to see more British teenagers playing in the prem/ champ ?

I can only think of Luke Shaw at Southampton in the prem with a few games for ward-prowse, and our Will and Chalobar at Watford (loaned  from Chelsea)

You wouldn’t want to be a local lad at Watford , what chance will they ever have..!

So I’m glad that we give these lads a chance, they’ll want to prove people wrong.

I must apologise after I re-read my post I come over as to aggressive, to many beers !!

But I feel passionate about our game and clubs who just don’t give local lads a chance.

You hear the fa go on about the new under 21’s development league and the reasons behind it.

It supposed to give the lads 3 years of development time( under 19 20 21) , that saying, in 3 years the lads will be ready for first team action as its too much of an ask to go from youth football to first team football, in one season, hence only the 3 players playing as quoted below..

Please let me know of anymore that you can think of.

Teams like forest love foreign kids and when they are no better than the boys that are local to clubs it winds me up, as the lads will feel they are on the scrap heap at 18 !!

I do feel we give lads more of a chance with the likes of Will, Mason Jamie Hanson etc all having exposure to the first team.

Leicester won’t give their local lads a chance another team who again prefer foreign kids.

When are we going to see more British teenagers playing in the prem/ champ ?

I can only think of Luke Shaw at Southampton in the prem with a few games for ward-prowse, and our Will and Chalobar at Watford (loaned from Chelsea)

You wouldn’t want to be a local lad at Watford , what chance will they ever have..!

So I’m glad that we give these lads a chance, they’ll want to prove people wrong.

Apology accepted! ;)

Completely agree, although I don't think we'll see a change in the amount of English/British kids being bought through the academy until we see changes within the system.

Many will argue that there should be more investment within grass roots football, or a change in the set up so kids that go from 7-a-side when there 11 to 11-a-side when there 12, the change in size is dramatic. In Spain and other foreign countries they have different sized pitches and goals depending on age groups, and many wont reach full size pitches until they are 15/16.

And then there's the whole argument that the FA should put a rule in that any team in the English league should field 'X' amounts of English players, but that brings up the whole debate of discrimination etc.

I could go on but frankly, I'm a bit tired and I'm just happy to see local talent being brought through our football club, whether they stay and help us get promotion or leave for a big fee similar to like Southampton have done over the years it's a win-win situation.

• 2 weeks later...

See Andrews and Sebastio both ex forest and the lad from Norwich clunan have all been released. Thomas played last week against notts county and he played last night at mickleover.

I went to the game last night and the lads that impressed me were josh lealan Andy dales and josh thomas, they all did well.

There was another trialist playing last night ex man utd luke hendrie he's an under 20, another centre mid but he played wide right, he did ok.

A bad attitude could be true, however a change of scene and different coaching methods could bring them along.  Its just like teachers some are better at getting a performance out of certain personalities than others.  We all know that BD won't bother that much with the academy anyway

Andy Dales will be the next to make it to our first team I predict over next 2 seasons

He had a briiant game vs Chelsea in FA Youth Cup - hitting bar and playing well throughout game.

Big season for him having progressed into Under 21 team towards end of last season ... middle of midfileder, very similar to Hendrick

Andy Dales will be the next to make it to our first team I predict over next 2 seasons

He had a briiant game vs Chelsea in FA Youth Cup - hitting bar and playing well throughout game.

Big season for him having progressed into Under 21 team towards end of last season ... middle of midfileder, very similar to Hendrick

He could well of made the odd appearance by now if it wasn't for us being so strong in the midfield positions, when you're competing against Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Coutts and even Eustace to an extent.

Next season will probably be his season if he continues to play well and develop, with Eustace probably leaving and if Hughes has a good season we could well see him going for big bucks.

Great to see a conveyer belt of players coming through should one of our youngsters be snapped up by a bigger club.

Archived