David Haye vs Tyson Fury

SuperSheep

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyson Fury dropped himself in it bigtime and got caught out..

He's been goading Haye for a while, shooting his mouth off, knowing Haye wasn't interested..

Then Haye decides to challenge Fury..

Fury then gets nervous and offers him a ridiculous 80/20 cut thinking Haye won't accept and he can play the 'he's hiding' card..

Haye then accepts, knowing the money is good either way and he can just ruin Fury's career with an easy win..

Fury then drops his biggest hint that he's scared and done for with his comments like 'I've got nothing against David Haye and if he wins then fair enough good on him' like he's already resigned to defeat..

I despised Haye during the Klitschko saga but since then through interviews he comes across as a decent guy who just did all that rubbish to hype up the fight.. He's comfortably a league above any other British fighter at cruiserweight and heavyweight but he's too small to ever trouble the Klitschkos.. He should be proud of his career regardless..

I'll be watching this.

Fury is deluded, but I really like him. He has struggled in his last 5 or 6 fights. Been knocked down several times and looked awkward.

But he has shut Haye up. Normally it is Haye bossing the press conference but Fury is probably the first boxer to have outshone Haye in the pressers.

I'll be watching this.

Fury is deluded, but I really like him. He has struggled in his last 5 or 6 fights. Been knocked down several times and looked awkward.

But he has shut Haye up. Normally it is Haye bossing the press conference but Fury is probably the first boxer to have outshone Haye in the pressers.

Haye doesn't need o run his mouth in this one.. He doesn't need to sell it like he had to for Klitschko and Valuev.. Tyson Fury on the other hand is barely known outside the UK so he really needs to sell this fight and win it..

Haye has nothing to lose IMO, whilst Fury has everything to lose.. If Fury loses he won't come back from it, and he won't ever reach the top..

What a d1ck that Fury is!

"He didn't want to shake Vladimir's hand so what gives him the right to shake mine?" as if he puts himself above Vlad. Absolute madness.

#TeamHaye

my point exactly! There's being cocky, and then there being a tw@t and he is definitely the latter.

Big 'un is that Fury, with big weapons, more of a brawler than a boxer, but he's never been in with that much class. I suspect Haye will burn him.

Definitely worth a watch though. Intriguing contest.

I quite like Fury. I think he's bit off more than he can chew but I find him a bit out the ordinary.

Haye saying "Vitali gone quiet" and Fury with the handshake dig at Vladimir..... Jesus guys.

Vladimir walked Haye through their match and Vitali is arguably tougher. These lads just like talking.

Don't forget Haye and his behaviour in the build up to the Vladimir match. Then that farce with Chisora.

Seems like a nice bloke away from boxing but he's acted like a d1ck in the recent events. I actually hope Fury beats him. Bet he won't though.

Amir Khan vs Kell Brook would be a good local fight..

Kell would knock glass-chin out - Khan's days at world level are numbered

Re Haye v Fury - I was surprised initially Fury would take this as I really can't see him hurting Haye at all & I thought his ambition was to fight one of the Klitschkos for a world title. Haye nearly put Valuev down - a man who had never hit the canvas & a far superior boxer to Fury. Fury has been down multiple times because he's sloppy - Haye won't let him escape like all the other bums Fury has fought to date.

At least Fury seems to have trimmed up this time - always seems to be carrying chunk which is unforgiveable at the elite level.

• 2 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/24162889

DAVID HAYE V TYSON FURY

• Venue: Manchester Arena
  • Date: Saturday 28 September
  • Start: 22:00 BST

Coverage: Commentary on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC Sport website

When the BBC says the start time is 10pm, can anyone confirm if that's the likely start time of THIS fight? Working out when a boxing match will come on grinds my gears. I don't want to order it for the fight to come on at midnight, and I've long been asleep following an afternoon drinking session celebrating Derby's win/drowning my sorrows after we've been smashed.

Archived