No new CB

Call me crazy but I still think we'll sign someone. They made so much noise about getting a new CB (especially Rush at those pub meetings) and they've delivered so far on everything except that. I reckon Nigel knows we need another CB too.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite hopeful that they still want to get a CB put are playing it down as were yet to ship out any more of the 7 players listed. If we do shift some more players maybe we will see something happen.

We certainly dont have the cover at the moment and although it was a friendly I think last night showed it. Yes Brayford can cover if Buxton is injured but what if Keogh and Brayford both miss a game.

We'd have

Freeman Gjokaj?! Buxton Forysth

Not good enough at all.

If Keogh or Brayford miss much game time we'd be in trouble.

Add to that the fact that attackers are attacking the ball so are getting a running jump whereas defenders are often going at the ball from a standing jump.

Not if you're a decent defender. You put your body between the attacker and the ball in such a way he can't get a clean jump. Often you don't need to head the ball yourself. You just make him miss. Defenders get the best view of any cross and get the first run. It's just poor concentration which puts defenders out of position and allows forwards space to head the ball. However, what can also happen is that the forward outmuscles the defender. That's what happens with Keogh - he's too nice.

Not if you're a decent defender. You put your body between the attacker and the ball in such a way he can't get a clean jump. Often you don't need to head the ball yourself. You just make him miss. Defenders get the best view of any cross and get the first run. It's just poor concentration which puts defenders out of position and allows forwards space to head the ball. However, what can also happen is that the forward outmuscles the defender. That's what happens with Keogh - he's too nice.

9 times out of 10 this probably will work. To see what happens on the 10th time refer back to Andy Carroll v Man United last season and try telling me it's easy to stop a striker that really wants to get his head on the ball!

9 times out of 10 this probably will work. To see what happens on the 10th time refer back to Andy Carroll v Man United last season and try telling me it's easy to stop a striker that really wants to get his head on the ball!

Yes - I wouldn't fancy Keogh against Carroll. Stimac, however, would have tied his hair to a post!

Yes - I wouldn't fancy Keogh against Carroll. Stimac, however, would have tied his hair to a post!

And he's not talking about his ponytail either.

Archived