Jon Taylor

DcFc Dyycheee

Rams eye up winger Jon Taylor

Out-of-contract Shrewsbury winger Jon Taylor is reported to be on Derby County’s radar.

The Championship outfit have run the rule over the Merseysider, who was said to have attracted
interest from Sheffield United last term after a purple patch of goalscoring saw him net five times in 11 games.

Taylor, pictured, has stalled on putting pen to paper on the new deal he was offered six weeks ago.

Town would be due a compensation fee if the 23-year-old moved on within England, but boss Graham Turner is hoping the picture will become clearer after he met with the agent who represents both the attacker and Connor Goldson and Ryan Woods, who have also yet to sign new Salop offers. - http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/shrewsbury-town-fc/2013/06/08/rams-eye-up-winger-jon-taylor/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good player. I have attended some Crawley Town games this year as they are my local team and I think it was a 2-2 draw when they played Shrewsbury. Taylor was a nuisance. Very quick and very tricky and he scored that game too.

Finally, an opportunity to make my first post.

Watch the odd Shrewsbury game, as they're my local team. He's been a bit of a star for a pretty boring, ineffective side. Pacey as hell. I would also like to add that in my career mode in FIFA 13, his pace has gone to 98.

SIGN HIM UP.

This transfer has come a little off the cuff, think he would suit our style of play, think he could measure up to Cloughs expectations, if he fitted straight into the squad it would be nice.

well I've seen his stats, and he ain't no dummy.

Hes right sided I think so could ideally play on the opposite side to jacobs. Think we need some right mid competition as Coutts doesnt even really play there and he was forced to play basically the whole season when he was crying out for a rest

Archived