South Stand 2013/14

Ramble On

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been on the homebrew again?

Not yet.

Don't want to mix with the hoi polloi for fear of catching Alvastonitis. Back row, right behind the goal, standing the whole match, don't have to move for the Florists - what's not to like?

I've got my fingers in my ears and I'm not listening until they do the move properly.

This half arsed effort is alright for finance but it's not finance Pride Park needs.

Very true, it'll take them at least 3 seasons to get this sorted. At the moment it seems everyone is just grateful for an affordable seat, but come the big games season after season will everyone want to be paying (still a large amount) to be moved around? I wouldn't!

I think its more likely that the moves would be in cup games where we have to make a certain percentage available if the away club wants it.

Maybe - but then ST holders in the South Stand won't have to "move" for the cup games as we have to buy those tickets separately anyway

Given that the ST's being sacrificed will all be new, it's not like any of us will have an attachment to the seat, and the tickets in the rest of the stadium are generally a flat price for cup games, so we could sit in a "premium" seat at no extra cost

Renewed my East Stand ticket.

I HATE watching football from behind the goals, it looks wrong to me.

I'm quite quiet to be honest, simply put I don't have the voice for shouting/singing, but I don't look at people funny for daring to make noise. I do wish there was a bit more imagination in the noise they make though, some of it is really, really tedious and I wouldn't join in even if i had the voice.

Renewed my East Stand ticket.

I HATE watching football from behind the goals, it looks wrong to me.

I'm quite quiet to be honest, simply put I don't have the voice for shouting/singing, but I don't look at people funny for daring to make noise. I do wish there was a bit more imagination in the noise they make though, some of it is really, really tedious and I wouldn't join in even if i had the voice.

I hope you don't mean the genius "blahblah's a sh1thole, I wanna go home"

Even after hearing it 3/4 times every game up and down the country I still find it hilarious...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just thought if bump this thread and ask for any progress on safe standing.

Jim Price has tweeted that he us applying to Notts Council for a standing area to be the first in Britain to bring it in.

Some other gumps reckon clubs can apply to councils for permission to let fans stand in certain parts of all sweater stadiums without safe standing(rail seats)

Archived