Text Speak? What is 'me'?

trekkie_ram

I am chatting to someone, who is ending every message with "me x"

What the **** is that meant to mean? Is she literally saying "This message is from me. Kiss" because I know it's from her, her name & number come up on my phone. I don't feel the need to end every post on the forum with "me", "I" or "trekkie". So I'm hoping "ME" means something, because otherwise she's a little bit simple :-/.

Further info, that probably doesn't help, but needs consideration. Her name is Simone, is Me in some way possibly a nickname for Simone? I don't think that's plausible, but I think I prefer that to "I" or "me". I'd really like a text speak acronym explanation.

me x

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps she means 'meh'.............

"One of the more bizarre ‘additions’ to the English language is ‘meh’, which is apparently now an official ‘expression of indifference".

She'd better be fit.....

It could stand for Myalgia Ecephalomyelitis which is general fatigue, and can cause symptoms such as:

• Muscle weakness and pain, especially in the shoulders, upper arms, thighs
  • Muscle twitching
  • Blurred vision
  • Numbness/pins and needles
  • Tender swollen lymph nodes, particularly underarms and neck
  • Joint pain
  • Poor circulation (cold hands and feet)
  • Chronic sore throat, often with recurrent flu-like symptoms
  • Irritable bowel syndrome
  • Sensitivities (to light, touch, food, chemicals, perfume, paint etc.)
  • Alteration of taste and smell
  • Headaches
  • Rashes
  • Dryness of mucous membranes (throat, mouth ,eyes)
  • Mouth ulcers
  • Uncomfortable or frequent urination

Although i'd probably guess it just means me!

I asked her, apparently it was just the word 'me', as in "This message is from me. x". I've decided not to pursue her, as she seems a little bit simple - haha - oh the joys of internet dating.

My wife left me in January :( after I got back from Afghanistan, seems she got used to living without me - lol - we get on great as friends now, but we'd have been married 7yrs in July, and together 10yrs in November.

me x

It's all good, I see my kids every week (two young boys), it's actually quite liberating being able to date again, unfortunately lots of people are pretty simple on dating sites, or love their text speak. I'm talking to someone who replaces 'you' with a capital 'U'.... Why go out of your way to capitalise a letter that you're using for short hand? Beggars belief.

That's rough mate,

But, if you're sampling again, then I'm kinda jealous,

But I'm sure you rather not be in this situation. Rams71 could be your wing man.

Quite apt for you I think with your line of work :)

Archived