Danny Haynes

ramexpat

as I said earlier, 

Charlton fans really rate him - they will have a lot better idea than we do, how can anybody slate this signing with such positive reviews?

Worry about his injury record, yes. I don't mind taking players who impress fans - I'll happily take another 'Ward' type player on a free!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the comments from cafc fans, it was a mix, some saying keep, some saying good backup and some saying ok because of injuries, remember if we had let theo go midway through the season there would have been plenty saying that we should keep him, he offers something different etc, much like these guys are, does not mean we should take him and if this is the type of signing that sam rush is talking about when he says we cannot fail to get excited about he is going to struggle, let's see but I am hoping for better

I'm not sure Huddersfield actually have any strikers at the moment, they let Novak go and Beckford, Robinson and Vaughan all returned to their parent clubs. Guess they're gonna be linked with all the strikers we're linked with as we probably have similar budgets

as I said earlier, 

Charlton fans really rate him - they will have a lot better idea than we do, how can anybody slate this signing with such positive reviews?

Worry about his injury record, yes. I don't mind taking players who impress fans - I'll happily take another 'Ward' type player on a free!

Charlton were div 3 for a few seasons, he was hardly prolific at that level, whereas Chris Martin got about 23 or something.

We don't need any more half/half players, who are neither out and out strikers nor free from injury. The bloke has never players more than 10 games consecutively* (*according to a forum I was reading, may not be true!).

Surely we need more established and reliable strikers. Hell, both Tyson and Theo are better than Haynes statistically.

Charlton were div 3 for a few seasons, he was hardly prolific at that level, whereas Chris Martin got about 23 or something.

We don't need any more half/half players, who are neither out and out strikers nor free from injury. The bloke has never players more than 10 games consecutively* (*according to a forum I was reading, may not be true!).

Surely we need more established and reliable strikers. Hell, both Tyson and Theo are better than Haynes statistically.

I think we need a right midfielder who will be more direct though, I like Coutts - I think he is a under-stated player because he'll hit the byline before he cuts inside, but in some games we need a player that will cut inside and have a good, think Haynes is that sort of player.

As I said, if he is a reasonable signing (which I imagine he will be) I don't think he can expect 6/7 thousand a week - more like 2/3 thousand. He will be good cover, we need talent in the squad - not just the first team - think he will offer that! 

Archived