Danny Haynes

ramexpat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always said, if a club is disappointed to see a player go then it's a good sign. 

They're clearly unhappy with him going and rate him highly - so I would be open to this signing, I mean they finished above us and how many fans would be that 'upset' about any of our strikers going? so food for thought. 

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/55180/danny-haynes-is-set-to-leave

I was in the same boat as everyone else about this signing when I first heard it in all honesty, but, they're disappointed to see him go - it's not the worst sign in the world.

Hasn't he got hamstrings like ward?

No thank you, don't care how good he is, we can't be signing injury probe players.

If he is good enough, I would sign him regardless if the fee is good enough for us to take. 

I don't think we're in a position to be turning down available 'good' players - whether its him or vaughan. 

If he is good enough, I would sign him regardless if the fee is good enough for us to take.

I don't think we're in a position to be turning down available 'good' players - whether its him or vaughan.

could be a good player, but what's the point if he's gong to get injured for half the season. We already have a small squad which has a few injury prone players. We don't need another.

could be a good player, but what's the point if he's gong to get injured for half the season. We already have a small squad which has a few injury prone players. We don't need another.

He could also play the whole season too - predicting the future is a dangerous game, the deal would have to be right for the club (obviously) but it sounds like he would come with ability, at the very least. 

A technically sound striker is something we're missing - who comes through the door would at least offer that, and since he can double up as a right winger, (if interested) he might just be able to play the Jacobs role of back up striker, back up right mid... coming in as and when, keeping him fresh.

He could also play the whole season too - predicting the future is a dangerous game, the deal would have to be right for the club (obviously) but it sounds like he would come with ability, at the very least. 

A technically sound striker is something we're missing - who comes through the door would at least offer that, and since he can double up as a right winger, (if interested) he might just be able to play the Jacobs role of back up striker, back up right mid... coming in as and when, keeping him fresh.

not sure I can agree with that. I'd say Tyson, Ward and Martin are all 'technically sound' strikers. The problem is that our strikers spend TOO long outside the penalty box. Replacing the player before the tactic is papering over cracks.

well hes definatly Derbys type of player ..... free ,,,, can see the comments now from Rush & Clough "see Derby fans ,, we signed 8 new players this year" ,, and not a mention of freebies ,, Charlton obviously released him for a reason

I cant say that I am an expert on Danny Haynes but after looking him up on the old faithfull, Wikipedia, he is listed as a Striker/Right Midfielder. His goals per game ratio would be reasonable for a wide man but fairly shabby for a striker. What would he bring that we dont already have and would he improve us? He didnt set the place alight at either Ipswich, Bristol C or Barnsley prior to Charlton and seems to have moved on each time without anyone having to lay out any significant money.

Doesnt bode well for me (probably means we're going to sign him :))

Archived