May Games

Alph

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched WHU 0-0 Newcastle

The standard was terrible, the game was rubbish..

I hope Newcastle go down.. Wigan offer far more entertainment than both of these sides

norwich I think stand more of a chance going down. And they're hardly entertaining.

Yeh Norwich offer little to the PL too..

They'll probably go down next season if they stay up.. Then again I think Cardiff and Hull are possibly the worst teams to get promoted from the NPC in the past 10 years or so.. Them and our Billy Davies side.. Both have next to no chance of staying up.

Does anyone else think French football is absolutely cack? It's such a slow physical league which has very little quality and hardly any goals..

I'm currently watching 3rd place Marseille who have only scored 38 goals in 34 games.. How is that possible for a top 3 side? They're drawing 1-1 with lowly Bastia and I can see it staying this way.

Their last games have been like this..

Lorient 0-1 Marseille

Marseille 1-0 Brest

Lille 0-0 Marseille

Marseille 1-0 Bordeaux

Nice 0-1 Marseille

Marseille 0-0 Ajaccio

Lyon 0-0 Marseille

I mean seriously.. Played 7 scored 4 conceded 0.. 4 goals in 7 feeckin games.. Bore off that's worse than Stoke

Never watched French football. I've watched Dutch football a lot in the past. That used to be weird. Lots of good strikers but a serious lack of decent defenders. Used to be some right thrashings.

Come on Wigan! Stay up. Sorry I ever wanted them down now. Used to find their slightly soulless club bored me. But then I opened my eyes and saw how they try to play and win every single week.

Martinez is my favourite PL manager. Now that the Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira days are gone. Poor old Wenger. Create, in my eyes, the most memorable PL team in its history. Now he's going with a bit of a whimper

I f*cking love Wigan/Martinez, shame about Dave Whelan, but still, I'm more excited about their end to the season than I was for ours. 

I'd love to be a Wigan fan who was there when they were in the old division 4. They're such a tiny club, like having Macceslfield or someone in the Prem, they're living the footballing dream, fair play to them.

And they've got the best music when the players walk out, and I've heard it at their away games.

THEN I SAW HER FACE, AND NOW IM A BELIEVER, NOT A TRACE OF DOUBT IN MY MIND, I'M IN LOVE I'M A BELIEVER, I COULDNT LEAVE HER IF I TRIED!!!!!!!!

Makes me sad we dont have some quality club tune to sing p*ssed up out my nut walking home at 3 in the morning

Never watched French football. I've watched Dutch football a lot in the past. That used to be weird. Lots of good strikers but a serious lack of decent defenders. Used to be some right thrashings.

Come on Wigan! Stay up. Sorry I ever wanted them down now. Used to find their slightly soulless club bored me. But then I opened my eyes and saw how they try to play and win every single week.

Martinez is my favourite PL manager. Now that the Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira days are gone. Poor old Wenger. Create, in my eyes, the most memorable PL team in its history. Now he's going with a bit of a whimper

French football is the opposite.. Quite solid defenders but very poor in creativity.. You get the odd fish like when Hazard was at Lille but it has a real lack of quality creative attacking players..

As for Dutch football.. They're the kings of counter attacking football and as you say the defences are shocking.. PSV have absolutely nailed a few teams this season.. You get some proper random results aswell, like a midtable side beating another 2-6 or something ridiculous..

I've been trying to watch as much European football as possible and France and Greek football are definitely the worst.. Italian football obviously is quite defensive and passive too but at least the midfielders are technical and keep the ball beautifully.. I saw one side the other week with 5 mins to go and winning 1-0 just spray the ball around the park and the other team didn't get a touch for a good 3 minutes..

For goals Scandinavian football is impressive but I guess that's also down to decent defences..

I can see why the PL attracts others.. The sheer pace of the game at times definitely beats other leagues.. The Bundesliga and Dutch are equally as fast but with worse defences meaning more goals.. Man everytime I watch the Bundesliga I just want to go to a stadium.. The standard IMO isn't that good in a technical sense but it's got goals and it's fast, end to end with a good atmosphere.. I watched Stuttgart today and their stadium looks awesome..

Wigan would destroy the NPC if they go down.. They're the sort of team that would go away to the battling clubs like Barnsley and Huddersfield and just win 1-4 or 0-3..

deluded...

Burnley manager Sean Dyche:

"We have finished 11th in the league in arguably the toughest ever Championship, certainly in my lifetime - that's an achievement in itself.

"Next season will be even tougher. The teams coming down will be even more cash rich and our neighbours will all be cash rich.

"But like Burnley do historically, we'll punch above our weight and come together as a community and a team."

I'd have to say to Dyche that's I'd rather play 4 games v Cardiff and Hull than 4 against Newcastle and WBA.

Actually we do well against Newcastle. But the point is there. Poyet said it shows how equal the league is that Brighton could afford a pretty long winless streak and still only be 2pts of the Play Offs at the time. The league is pretty even but some of the teams that have graced this division recently..... Well, Dyche wouldn't fancy a game against some of them if he thinks this year has been tough. No bullies this year. Having seen Cardiff play a few times I'd suggest they sign about 9 players.

Sunderland, WHU,Swansea, Newcastle, WBA... You'd have fancied them all to give it a good shot. Without serious investment I think we might see Cardiff and Hull soon.

deluded...

Burnley manager Sean Dyche:

"We have finished 11th in the league in arguably the toughest ever Championship, certainly in my lifetime - that's an achievement in itself.

"Next season will be even tougher. The teams coming down will be even more cash rich and our neighbours will all be cash rich.

"But like Burnley do historically, we'll punch above our weight and come together as a community and a team."

I like that. It makes me feel quite sane. The toughest ever Championship, behave. Instead of having 3 or 4 teams which are head and shoulders above everyone else and 3 or 4 teams who are nailed on relegation certainties there was a morass of average clubs like ourselves all of similar calibre with nothing to differentiate between themselves on a week by week basis apart from a dodgy refereeing decision or lucky penalty shout. Toughest? More like more turgid.

Archived