Derby County v Millwall

froggg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap game.

Nice goal.

Millwall living up to their name of being complete and utter scum.

Liked what Clough did with GR3 at the end.

Roll on next season, top 6 minimum.

What did he do to Gareth?  :wacko:

Solid if unspectacular first half, garbage second half until Bryson switched inside, then we got back on top. Sammon not only scored, but for the first time we started opening them up when he came on.

Only two teams scored more at home, only three sides conceded more away. Reasonably content with 10th, but it's got to be a genuine top 6 challenge next year.

No one likes you 'cause you're ****

Loudest Pride Parks been for a while? It really showed the need for a Shearer type striker, soooo much fannying around in the box. Well taken goal by Sammon though, knew it was going in.

Glad of a break though , what a strange, typical, consistently inconsistent season. Anyway DTID

No-one has a divine right to do well. We probably ended up where we should have ended up given the 'strength' and 'depth' of the squad - 2 or 3 unexpectedly poor performances short of the playoffs, 2 or 3 unexpectedly good performances clear of danger.

Perhaps with the core of a half-decent side, now is the time for a degree of investment (over and above what is currently put in to cover losses).

Being an old sentimentalist I make no secret of my support for Clough, but I think next season he has to get us into the playoffs at least.

Anyone else sat there bored out their minds during today's game?

No, I enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed watching Derby's forwards trying to find a way past the brick shithouse that is the aptly-named Danny Shittu, who I thought was awesome (in a Jake Buxton way) today, until Sammon came on and skinned him. I also watched a very intelligent contribution from Will Hughes, who really grew into the game after Gareth Roberts had in no uncertain terms told a couple of Millwall players to stop kicking Will or he'd chin them.

There were so many things of interest - playing Legzdins Lotto for a start (predicting which of his kicks would make it onto the pitch as opposed to directly into Row Q or hitting the back of Jake Buxton's head). It got me thinking - have we had a worse kicker of the ball in goal than Fielding or Legzdins since Graham Moseley?  

Again showed our lack of penetration in final third, loads of possession but little for their keeper to do. Well done Sammon for coming on and doing the business, good finish and finally someone who got behind their defence.

Hughes was the outstanding player on the pitch, good to see Hendrick piling forwards and committing players whenever he could.

Good ovation for GR, was quality when Clough pretended to sub him only to send him back on when he got to the touchline.

Poor from Ward, Martin.

Millwall were dirty, and rubbish. What a shame we didn't send them down.

Anyone see Michelle Keegan at PP today?  :wub: 

Was with Mark Wright to see his brother play for Millwall.

You're joking? Where was they sat?

I would have travelled up if I knew she was there, must surely be an easier w*nk seeing her in person. 

You're joking? Where was they sat?

I would have travelled up if I knew she was there, must surely be an easier w*nk seeing her in person. 

Not sure where they was sat, I presume in one of the boxes.

Seen them outside PP, got a cheeky view of her backside, much better than on TV.  :ph34r:

Archived