Wolves

jimbobram

I've got no beef with you ramnut ;-) Or saunders for that matter.  I think maybe he's just a bit unlucky.

Relegated 4 times as a player.

Then as a coach he worked for Souness at Blackburn, then he followed him to Newcastle where they all got the sack.

Then he took on the assistant manager role for Wales and Toshack got the sack.  ;-)

At the same time he took over at Wrexham and guided them and their massive budget and fanbase to 10th, 11th, and 5th in the conference, he had them in second before he walked out to join Donnie.

When he took over at Donnie they were bottom and 4 points from safety, by the end of the season he'd learnt so much as a manager and he'd learned it so quickly that they were relegated, bottom and 12 points from safety.

The less said about Wolves the better.

I'm not doubting the lad has deserves his place in Derby folklore but to suggest he's going to make a top manager while lambasting a manager who hasn't ever had a relegation on his cv is a bit weak.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No manager would have saved Doncaster that season, to be fair.

It was the season that they had some agent "experiment" by bringing a load of his clients who were all mercenaries claiming a pay check and thoroughly disrupting the balance and harmony of the squad...

I'm so happy we have Clough instead of Saunders.

So am i..

When Deano (great player) went to Wolves the directors were hailing him as the manager they had wanted instead of Mick McCarthy but had only just gone for after panicky appointments lastiing weeks.

The fans were super confident about staying up and Dean was talking up their chances under his root and branch, change of style. Two games later Saunders' whole manner and content had changed to one of dejected acceptance of the inevitable.

Tout ca change, tout c'est la meme.

Clough in. Give him the straw and he'll make the bricks

Important to note that Clough fixed our side up and saved us when were in two/three times the mess financially etc with a far worse squad upon him initially coming in.

Saunders hasn't done great so far. I like him, and I think the Donny job was difficult as they were set to go down really, but he hasn't really impacted at all at Wolves like he probably should have.

Archived