It's all gone quiet...

ReluctantRam

its cos there is only about ten people who post all sorts of rubbish as soon as we lose but got nowt to say when we win. troydyer is my current fave.

Speaking for myself, I'm posting as often as I would at the end of a defeat. Though I know what you're saying. It's people like Troy that only post when we lose. There are a few of them, and they do it passionately and it gets a response, thus the forum is busy. Others just cba posting when we win because there aren't any arguments to be had...

It annoys the hell out of me but with some people mid-table mediocrity isn't interesting enough to discuss, hence you get people making threads like 'player of the season so far' and todays 'so we survive another but it could have been so much more'. All these premature threads made to conquer the lack of activity on the forum. Give us a good run of games and a promotion push with wins every week, and the forum would be as busy as a run of defeats.

Pretty Sure Troy posted a thread last night???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win, great performance by one and all.

This needs to be *the* summer. It's been said every year, but the manager needs to be able to make additions to the squad without having to offload anyone as a compromise. The good news is the club are making the right noises and indicating no one (including Hughes) needs to be sold, and that money is available.

No more 'Keogh in, Shackell out'. Lets have quality all over the pitch, keep the best players we have currently and make a few strong additions. We're only 3 or 4 new faces away from a team that can be highly competitive at the top end of this league. If we can do that, I see phase one of this 'project' (getting the **** out of our club, recovering from the Jewell hangover, cutting the wage bill and steadying the ship) complete. Phase 2 is making a push for promotion, and I'll judge Clough on that when he has the resources to do so. Hopefully by August he will.

Hope we put on a right performance up at Blackpool for the fans, and end on a high against Millwall. Looking forward to seeing what the summer brings.

Sorry and just to say. Great result and good performance. Couldn't get to this game but sounded like we played well as did Sammon. Nice for us to dominate a team at home again, been a while. Happy days.

Since the last but one home game probably.I followed the Cardiff away game on SSN,watched by Bullard.A fellow pro was gobsmacked by the performance of Sammon (every time they went to him in the first half,Sammon's name came up),who he said was giving both Cardiff CBs a torrid time.

It shows the guy can obviously do it-sometimes it's nice to feel wanted/appreciated.I appreciate his efforts and hope it comes good for him.

60 points would be a nice point to be at (That's around the halfway mark between playoffs and relegation usually), if we can get there, but I don't really think we need to think about the Championship "getting harder". We say this every damn season. It's not until much later in the season when it turns out that the one or two shock contenders for promotion are on form and the relegated clubs turn out to strangely enough, not actually be that amazing. From there we then say it's an "easy" or "easier" Championship season and turn to how the following season will be harder.

We shouldn't celebrate a mathematical milestone either, especially when it's something that should have been pretty damn obvious for the last 8-10 games, or really, based on where we've been all season, most of the damn season. Yes, teams can collapse and end up getting a shock relegation, it happens, but we never more than flirted with the relegation battle, and never even got amongst the thick of it. So anyone celebrating us avoiding relegation, especially when we could end up in a higher spot than last season.

Wasn't quite so obvious after 89 minutes v Barnsley.I was getting so wound up I nearly made myself ill (luckily I realised it and calmed myself down)-didn't stop a roar to bring down the walls of Jericho though!

I love this forum, there never seems to be any middle ground, when we lose a game we are doomed to relegation and when we win we are just a few points from the playoffs and what a wonderful season we're having. Have never posted that I ever thought realistically we would go down so not totally overjoyed after yesterdays result, more importantly would love to be proved wrong that there won't be another season of the same again next year, mid table anonymity, appalling away record, huge winless streaks after promising starts. As I said, would love to be proved wrong.

its cos there is only about ten people who post all sorts of rubbish as soon as we lose but got nowt to say when we win. troydyer is my current fave.

Made a few comments and created a thread on martin. Apart from that, good post genius.

Glad to have you as a fan.

To go up we need a goalscorer. We don't have one at the moment IMO. I hope Nigel realises this fact !

According to reports Nigel has tried to sign several Goalscorers (Sharp, Hooper...)

So what we need is a very cheap goalscorer, or the board to take more of a risk (more likely we'll have to pray that Sammon scores 18 in 27 games - like he did in his last season  at Killie).

After all the shenanigans about 'are we safe?' etc... we're 11th with positive GD and have two games we're up for winning well. 

Isn't that something to be happy about? Are you all down Seymours getting ratted?

Post when we're losing? You only post when we're losing....

:-)

Yes, we can look forward to a late surge for the mid-table mediocrity.

Seriously I dont think Ive heard anyone say that we would be relegated, only that we need to watch teams below us, which is fair enough given there are 3 teams on 51 points. Easy to be smug when we are 7 points ahead of them with 2 to play but if we hadnt beaten peterboro, which we did convincingly and well and get the point against Barnsley which we did a lot less convincingly, then the table would look very different.  

Seriously I dont think Ive heard anyone say that we would be relegated, only that we need to watch teams below us, which is fair enough given there are 3 teams on 51 points. Easy to be smug when we are 7 points ahead of them with 2 to play but if we hadnt beaten peterboro, which we did convincingly and well and get the point against Barnsley which we did a lot less convincingly, then the table would look very different.  

Yeh,we've only probably got safe because we've gained rather more points in the last 7 matches than most thought we would 

(W4,D1,L2 -almost 2points/game).

I think mid table mediocrity is a bit unfair.We're aiming for top 10,and with no negative pressures I hope we go at Blackpool to test their nerves.

Personally i'm neither up nor down

I don't really expect us to challenge for the top six.

we've made progress but it is a bit slow.

i find the current situation less frustrating than the first two years under nigel when frankly we were just treading water.

Signings like lee croft were quite depressing

now we do seem to have the basis of something and the signings have got better.

But its on a knife edge - we are just as likely to go on a losing run as we are to go on a winning run.

Hopefully we keep brayford, hughes, etc and add a few more

the lack of depth in the squad has been part of the problem

we are still quite a few players short before we could sustain a serious challenge for anything.

Its a weird situation on here.If you post criticising our total lack of success in reaching the playoffs or even

threatening them and blaming our manager like any other club you are abused for being "negative".However

if we look like making midtable or even the giddy heights of top ten then loads of posters rejoice in that and

consider that a cause for celebration.They are apparently "positive".Strange.

I wouldn't say we dominated Ipswich as much as they were so poor they just kept giving us the ball. We were just less poor than them. If we'd have played like it sounds we played yesterday again Ipswich, then we'd have stuffed them but we didn't because we really didn't dominate them.

I wouldn't say we dominated Ipswich as much as they were so poor they just kept giving us the ball. We were just less poor than them. If we'd have played like it sounds we played yesterday again Ipswich, then we'd have stuffed them but we didn't because we really didn't dominate them.

We absolutely dominated Ipswich - just one of those games when it wouldn't go in. Missed pen, missed sitter (hit post), and good goal ruled out for vvank linesmanship.....similar score to the Posh game would have been kind on them.

We absolutely dominated Ipswich - just one of those games when it wouldn't go in. Missed pen, missed sitter (hit post), and good goal ruled out for vvank linesmanship.....similar score to the Posh game would have been kind on them.

The only reason I didn't include Ipswich in my post is because I knew some wouldn't have it. :ph34r:

I am always amazed when threads like this start up. Do people really expect a negative post straight after a good win? The post that will be put up will just be classed as sausageish (although any sort of negativity is, whether it is right or wrong)

Also we shouldn't be happy that we have confirmed our place in this league (I am happy that we aren't playing league 1 next season but not at the fact that there was any, even a small amount, of uncertainty) we should be wanting to go for promotion, and wanting a team that is capable of pushing for it.

I am always amazed when threads like this start up. Do people really expect a negative post straight after a good win? The post that will be put up will just be classed as sausageish (although any sort of negativity is, whether it is right or wrong)

Also we shouldn't be happy that we have confirmed our place in this league (I am happy that we aren't playing league 1 next season but not at the fact that there was any, even a small amount, of uncertainty) we should be wanting to go for promotion, and wanting a team that is capable of pushing for it.

Funny season though,rynny.Boro,who were flirting with the top 6 most of the season could have become very nervous if they hadn't won that recent game.We've never really flirted with relegation,just been nervous about the mathematical possibilities. There seems to be a perception that we've cleared it by 1 point,when in truth we're 7 points clear and the final gap could be even more.Quite a lot of clubs are still in the mire of mathematical possibilities,and in truth you'd have to go very high up the table to find clubs that didn't have even a small amount of uncertainty at certain times.

We'll have to agree to disagree re Ipswich. First 20mins we were all over them, playing well and looking dangerous. After that it was poor lofted balls down the channels or up for Sammon to jump under interjected with occasional burst from Bryson. We should have won it but only because Ipswich played so badly and we were probably average.

But this isn't about Ipswich. Great result at the weekend. All the sounds from the board are that they'll support Nigel so even if I'm not happy about it there's nothing I can do about it. Therefore you still hope for the best for Derby obviously so hoping for a good end to the season, for Nigel to sign some quality and maybe be able to keep them and find space for them into the team.

Funny season though,rynny.Boro,who were flirting with the top 6 most of the season could have become very nervous if they hadn't won that recent game.We've never really flirted with relegation,just been nervous about the mathematical possibilities. There seems to be a perception that we've cleared it by 1 point,when in truth we're 7 points clear and the final gap could be even more.Quite a lot of clubs are still in the mire of mathematical possibilities,and in truth you'd have to go very high up the table to find clubs that didn't have even a small amount of uncertainty at certain times.

Agree to an extent, I think that it is probably down to it being so late in the season that it has been more of a disappointment, and where we could have been if we had taken our chances, and gone for it. Cant help but look at the matches at home against Wolves and Bolton where if we had made more of an attempt to win, instead of holding out for a draw, we would have really stood a decent chance of being in top 8

Archived