The Summer holiday thread.

Badlands

Because who doesn't love a good holiday.

I'm off interrailing for 3 weeks with some of my best mates. Flying out to Dubrovnik then working our way back through Zagreb - Budapest - Bratislava - Prague - Krakow - Berlin - Amsterdam. I am ******* excited to say the least. 

So where are you all off then, i love hearing about places people visit.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm off interrailing for 3 weeks with some of my best mates. Flying out to Dubrovnik then working our way back through Zagreb - Budapest - Bratislava - Prague - Krakow - Berlin - Amsterdam. I am ******* excited to say the least. 

Bring me some walkers crisps when your in Krakow mate please :)

I'm always torn between doing what you're doing, and doing the good old cheap and cheerful Greek Island holiday.

I went to Prague in November, went to Spain last week, to Benalmadena, Fuengirola, La Cala and Porto Banus.

I think this year, I'll inevitably have my main holiday in my favourite place. Stalis in Crete. I've been six times.

I'm always torn between doing what you're doing, and doing the good old cheap and cheerful Greek Island holiday.

I went to Prague in November, went to Spain last week, to Benalmadena, Fuengirola, La Cala and Porto Banus.

I think this year, I'll inevitably have my main holiday in my favourite place. Stalis in Crete. I've been six times.

I've done the usual party resorts in Zante and Crete the last 2 years, and whilst they were exceptional enjoyable i don't think i could put up with the crowd for the 3rd year on the bounce.

Went to Prague last July and it was amazing, can't wait to get back. 

I've done the usual party resorts in Zante and Crete the last 2 years, and whilst they were exceptional enjoyable i don't think i could put up with the crowd for the 3rd year on the bounce.

Went to Prague last July and it was amazing, can't wait to get back. 

that's why I stay in Stalis when I go to Crete, I couldnt handle Malia! Too old.

Oh god, I love Prague too. We're talking about making it a roadtrip, driving through Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg on the way there and back.

that's why I stay in Stalis when I go to Crete, I couldnt handle Malia! Too old.

Oh god, I love Prague too. We're talking about making it a roadtrip, driving through Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg on the way there and back.

That road trip sounds class mate. If i had unlimited time and funds this summer then i would loved to have visited more places in Germany and taken a detour into Belgium. 

Has anyone ever been to Vietnam ?

That road trip sounds class mate. If i had unlimited time and funds this summer then i would loved to have visited more places in Germany and taken a detour into Belgium.

I've been to Thailand and Cambodia. Cambodia was amazing. Hitched a lift off a pick up with chickens (and me) in the back. Gave him £1.80 to go 20 miles out of his way tp drop me off at Angkor Wat. Happy Days.

I went to Malia last year and my friends and I are planning a similar alcohol-based holiday again this year.

Reckon it will be my last one though, I'm not too big a fan of this type of holiday in all honesty.

They start getting a bit **** after the 5th day don't they ? **** knows how anyone does more than a week in these resorts.

If your thinking about going to Laganas in Zante, i wouldn't recommend it. Malia was much better. 

They start getting a bit **** after the 5th day don't they ? **** knows how anyone does more than a week in these resorts.

If your thinking about going to Laganas in Zante, i wouldn't recommend it. Malia was much better. 

5th day?! Didn't even make it that far! After the 3rd night out in a row, I just wanted to die. Didn't help that it was my birthday whilst I was out there so I was getting loads of free stuff :(

Laganas was a consideration but we haven't decided yet tbh. We've got a shortlist of like 10 places :lol:

5th day?! Didn't even make it that far! After the 3rd night out in a row, I just wanted to die. Didn't help that it was my birthday whilst I was out there so I was getting loads of free stuff :(

Laganas was a consideration but we haven't decided yet tbh. We've got a shortlist of like 10 places :lol:

I did 6 nights straight in both, felt awful in Zante, Malia for some reason i was just on my game, that made it much more enjoyable.

Laganas is a ******* dump mate, even by the standards of these resorts.

I liked Malia as we had a excellent hotel for the money we paid. Also towards the end of the week we used to wander up to the Old Town which was more relaxing. Just used to sit in a bar watching the football and tennis.

Personally i think you should look into going to somewhere like Prague or Amsterdam if the main objective revolves around booze.

That road trip sounds class mate. If i had unlimited time and funds this summer then i would loved to have visited more places in Germany and taken a detour into Belgium. 

Yep, a couple of times - but where I am that is not too hard - I've been to most places around here tbh - not Myanmar or the Philippines yet though but I will get there soon enough.

My Summer Holiday will be spent, as ever, in sunny Derbyshire (with a week in Spain so my kids don't forget what the sun looks like)

Archived