The Great British class calculator

PrivateDerby

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technical Middle Class for me too - but then again I knew that already.

Going to the gym though? They can fook right off. 

Emergent service workers

This class group is financially insecure, scoring low for savings and house value, but high for social and cultural factors. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

• Are young
  • Enjoy a cultured social life
  • Rent their home - almost 90%

New affluent workers. That's me, maybe effluent worker perhaps.

I didn't tell porkies like Daveo and the others.

FFS! Your on a football forum shouting for Clough out, board out, tits out for the lads!

Working class,

Who ever says there not, can

GTFO.

New affluent workers. That's me, maybe effluent worker perhaps.

I didn't tell porkies like Daveo and the others.

FFS! Your on a football forum shouting for Clough out, board out, tits out for the lads!

Working class,

Who ever says there not, can

GTFO.

Come off it, Boycie.

To be working class you're supposed to work.

Emergent service workers

This class group is financially insecure, scoring low for savings and house value, but high for social and cultural factors. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

• Are young
  • Enjoy a cultured social life
  • Rent their home - almost 90%

That's what I got, due to going to uni and renting out accommodation, apparently I'm an entirely different class of person.

Zombies are gay??? Zombies are gay??? Your not right Daveo!!!! I said I had between 0 - 10k savings as in an account somewhere I think I have £2.57 me thinks.....

Zombies are gay, wouldnt get a stupid comment like that on the good old DET.......

Most people who think they are middle class are actually working, middle classes are CEOs and managers with high disposable income.

According to this survey, that's what the "elite" or "technical middle" classes are.

I'm not entirely sure about this survey, but I agree that the modern class structure is more complex than it used to be, but less rigid, easier to break and far less significant than it once was. I also agree that income and wealth are part of your class, but it doesn't define it.

Archived