Freeman signs new contract

Day

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to keep Brayford but i'm guessing the club has to decide (budget-wise) who's contracts to extend from Bryson, Ward, Brayford and the goalkeepers - all have one year remaining it appears.

I'm still not sure what will happen with Ward - his hamstring issues have been Commons-esque this season and is rumoured to be one of the higher earners, however he and Nigel seem to have a good relationship and he has undoubtedly been the clubs most affective offensive player this season.

Does nobody go to any of these Sam Rush sessions and probe a little further for such information?!

It's some record he's got when he plays any part. 15 appearances this season for young Kieron. He's looked useful to say the least. I really enjoyed the no-nonsense approach he's brought with him since the Leicester home game.

10 wins, 2 draws and just the 3 losses. (leicester away, hull away, brighton away)

I love Brayford but maybe the full backs bombing forward at every opportunity it a bit too gung ho for us. Maybe our midfield has enough energy without the full backs overlapping and leaving the two centre halves exposed.

One thing is certain, since Freeman and Forsyth came in and concentrated on defending we've looked very solid indeed.

The only thing that makes me think he won't be sold is that he wasn't sold in January.

Surely if it was so certain he would probably go then an offer from Cardiff with a year and a half to run on his contract and a bit of Premiership chasing desperation involved would be better than what we can get this summer?

Brayford has always been a favourite and I'd be really suprised if we sold him.

If it meant that Hughes could stay though I'd be tempted!

Freeman only made his first start in January and with Roberts being faulty on and off would of left us seriously short at the back, maybe the club thought the figure Cardiff offered they could get the same if not better in the summer and keep him till the end of the season.

Again just a guess, no source or anything to back it up. 

It is widely known that the bray loves it at derby because he is with his friends he grew up with.

Played at Burton, Crewe and Derby - local

Everyone can speculate but

Location does mean something to footballers. Look at Ben Davies, turned down moving away from the club because of his 1 year old child and being settled, he got his head down and is the most professional player I have seen at the club. Always practicing no matter his ability.

Now obviously Brayford doesn't have a family yet. But he will not want to move if he can help it.

But 10k+ a week and premier league football will be a big pull factor.

Freemans new contract is great news but will the bray sign a new contract too?? Time will tell.

Oh less than 1.5 million is unacceptable.

Re-signing Brayford, Ward and Bryson over the off season is crucial (as is re-signing either Fielding or Legzdins), and in a lot of ways even more important than other business. We have that core of a solid team now, the real issue is if we can actually keep a hold of it so we can actually build on it, rather than constantly replacing our foundations.

Archived