zaragozaram

Last time I went to St Andrews Birmingham, we had just signed a Croatian centre back called Igor Stimac. It was 1995 and we won 4v1. His arrival saw us promoted to the Premier League at the end of that season. After todays latest defeat at St Andrews, we need you back Igor.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Manager? He would certainly bring some fans back and create some passion. Passion? What's that? I had completely forgotten that word. 

Last time I went to St Andrews Birmingham, we had just signed a Croatian centre back called Igor Stimac. It was 1995 and we won 4v1. His arrival saw us promoted to the Premier League at the end of that season. After todays latest defeat at St Andrews, we need you back Igor.

Why not give Igor a shot? If he wanted it, why not? Worth a shot. I've never known such a sense of apathy towards the club. I've personally never been so bored at games I get to go to. At games I didn't go to I would watch Soccer Saturday intently, scanning the scores at the bottom and making sure nobody spoke when the cut to our game. Today I put up shelves in my daughters room and got the occasional update from the wife which, when we started to lose, was met with more of a shrug of the shoulders rather that bitter disappoint. The reason? I expect it now, I expect the dissapointment so it's no surprise.

I just want to enjoy my club again.

Igor’s record in management isn’t that great, I don’t deny that he has great passion but does he have the ability? He managed Hajduk Split for only 11 games, Cibala for two months and he was sacked by NK Zagreb after one season in charge. It’s not exactly impressive, is it? I wish him all the luck in the world with the Croatian national team and admittedly, they have made a very strong start to their World Cup campaign, but I don’t think he’s the right man for us at this point in time.

I would prefer the club started fresh with someone that has no past connection with the club at all, a lot of people would like to see Adkins appointed but can he work on a budget? He had a hell of a lot of money to play with at Southampton and I think it would be a risky appointment.

For me, Ian Holloway and Gus Poyet should be top of the list if both Crystal Palace and Brighton miss out on promotion this year. Although, admittedly, neither one of them would likely see us as an attractive proposition.

Being honest thought, there are a lot of managers out there with more experience than Nigelhad before taking over. If I threw up a non-league managers name as a possible replacement it would be laughed at. If I was a board member I would be researching other managers at similar or lower clubs and seeing what football they're producing or looking at those ex-pro's who are moving into management.

Igor’s record in management isn’t that great, I don’t deny that he has great passion but does he have the ability? He managed Hajduk Split for only 11 games, Cibala for two months and he was sacked by NK Zagreb after one season in charge. It’s not exactly impressive, is it? I wish him all the luck in the world with the Croatian national team and admittedly, they have made a very strong start to their World Cup campaign, but I don’t think he’s the right man for us at this point in time.

I would prefer the club started fresh with someone that has no past connection with the club at all, a lot of people would like to see Adkins appointed but can he work on a budget? He had a hell of a lot of money to play with at Southampton and I think it would be a risky appointment.

For me, Ian Holloway and Gus Poyet should be top of the list if both Crystal Palace and Brighton miss out on promotion this year. Although, admittedly, neither one of them would likely see us as an attractive proposition.

Igor is not a realistic target if Clough went. 

Toddy and Roy Mac were far better players than Igor yet never made it as managers. With our current board's financial plan the best we could hope for would be someone like Holloway.

Best not to hark back - we've got a clough -albeit one that adheres to the owners unlike his father that walked, and we all know how that turned out.

If I were to change one thing about our club - it would be the owners - owners that don't quite understand what football clubs mean, to us. :(

Best not to hark back - we've got a clough -albeit one that adheres to the owners unlike his father that walked, and we all know how that turned out.

If I were to change one thing about our club - it would be the owners - owners that don't quite understand what football clubs mean, to us. :(

Voice of reason Mrs R.

Mind you, Brian did shatter the British record transfer fee a few times before he walked.....not much chance of Nige doing that!

Archived