The least inspiring loan signings in history?

Rich3478

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The youngsters we have taken on loan (Livermore, Carroll) haven't exactly done well here - although no get game time for the team 3rd in a prem.

And for me Bailey sums up the blind acceptance of anything Nigel does by some fans. He was mentioned as a great signing, someone picked up cheap who could play, a sign that Nigel could pick up a bargain. As soon as he's out it's all about him not progressing and not being as good anymore. Same with the likes of Robinson, Cwyka, etc. great whilst here and when gone then the tune changes to them never being that good.

I think we should slate him [and Martin] as quickly as possible so they get used to it PDQ. It's no use them coming here thinking that they start with a fair chance. A number of people who won't have any idea about their abilities have already written them off just because Clough has made the move to bring them here. Let's build up those boooooooos and get ready to unleash them as soon as they start shooting during the kick in before the game. As soon as one of them misses the goal, let's let them have it!

As an aside, I hoped Bailey would improve but he didn't seem to fancy it when I saw him on the last three occasions, Big disappointment for me as I thought he was going on to great things at first.

I disagree with the notion that players don't get a fair chance with the fans at Derby. I think that the poor ones aren't liked and the good ones are - the same as at any club. Watching football is not about sitting passively - it arouses passions (sometimes), which means people go over the top in their opinions a little. However, in my experience, those opinions are formed by watching the players. Some uninspiring signings have become firm favourites. Some 'star' signings have become despised. At Derby, as at any club, we judge people on how they perform on the pitch. And those judgements aren't set in stone either. Some players do come back from being unpopular  - when they start to show that they are worth the shirt.

Anyone remember Seb Hines? Never played a single game..

Would of liked us to sign James Vaughan again, he only played 3-4 games whilst on-loan here didn't he? 

Didn't Jewell sign Hines just before he left? Or did Clough in his 1st week? Can't remember.

Vaughan played 1 1/2 games and missed an absolute sitter against Bristol City at home.

Passion?

Is that when you wake up, get the flask out and pour yourself a cup of hot chocolate?

Heaven forbid, whatever next?

Works for me. Bovril though.

We rarely get decent loans under Clough. He's probably requested hundreds but could only get these two because no manager in their right mind, would loan to him. Especially not a young star in the making. He'd break their spirit and drop them for doing a back heel. 

Hughes, Hendrick, Bennet, Brayford, O'Brien........young stars in the making :)

We rarely get decent loans under Clough. He's probably requested hundreds but could only get these two because no manager in their right mind, would loan to him. Especially not a young star in the making. He'd break their spirit and drop them for doing a back heel. 

Hughes, Hendrick, Bennet, Brayford, O'Brien........young stars in the making :)

Brayford is 25 now.

Not really in the 'young star in the making catagory'

More a player approaching his peak years.

Thats why the next 3 years is massive for him and we could lose him for nothing in the summer.

Leicester must be tempted to make him an offer.

So could west brom or villa.

There must be a good chance that we will lose him as we have failed to progress to become play off contenders. .

Archived