The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

I was impressed by St Ledger against England, won his headers well - put in a good shift! 

Perhaps will want at the very least top end of our budget, but would take a chance on him if he was reasonable - plays above our own POTY in the national side anyway! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was impressed by St Ledger against England, won his headers well - put in a good shift! 

Perhaps will want at the very least top end of our budget, but would take a chance on him if he was reasonable - plays above our own POTY in the national side anyway! 

Spoilt it with the goal though, and if you aren't winning headers against Rooney and Defoe, you've **** it as a defender.

Don't often disagree with you on player judgement Anbitious but I think Keogh must be gutted that St Ledger is ahead of him in the Ireland side, everything I've seen in the last 12 months suggest Keogh is the better of the two.

Did you not think yesterdays England goal was St Ledgers fault?

Don't often disagree with you on player judgement Anbitious but I think Keogh must be gutted that St Ledger is ahead of him in the Ireland side, everything I've seen in the last 12 months suggest Keogh is the better of the two.

Did you not think yesterdays England goal was St Ledgers fault?

Erm, I didn't actually see the first half  :ph34r:

He was decent in the second though.. 

Work with a Leeds fan and there has been lots of rumours about them going in for left backs - he thinks that Aidy White will want first team football and with Warnock (stephen) they can't guarantee that so they're trying to get a replacement in for White's replacement.

I would be surprised if we don't move for White. 

another "ITK football agent" (rather large pinch of salt taken) links us with Grant Holt. What are we, Norwich B?

Not sure what ITK stands for as it can't be 'in the know', is it 'I tweet krap'?

"MELBOURNE Heart have reportedly missed out on Norwich City's Grant Holt after failing to meet the striker's price tag - said to be around £2 million."

Brighton defender, Adam El-Abd out of contract soon - any good?

Very highly rated I thought - I bet a promoted team will take a chance on him.

I know a lot of strikers have commented on him in the past, including our own. So, I think he is valued and Brighton won't want to lose him - so if he goes, he'll move up! 

I know I said Derby wouldn't sign Arturo Lupoli - but (look on his twitter)

He is going on about how much he'd love to come to DCFC again, the one club in the world he wants to play for...etc and before that he said he had some very exciting news about his future.... 

Maybe his agent as managed to get him a trial at least, if he is that desperate to sign (offer him a one year deal (low wages + 1 year extention with bigger wages if he does well) but I don't know if it's Clough's style.

If I was being shrewd I would do it, I think as mis-leading as it is - (some) Derby fans would genuinely see it as an exciting transfer and would bring the 'romance' back... which would get fans behind the team/club more... I know it's just mind games, and the chances of him doing well perhaps aren't great but sometimes that is enough to get the fans on side! 

I know I said Derby wouldn't sign Arturo Lupoli - but (look on his twitter)

He is going on about how much he'd love to come to DCFC again, the one club in the world he wants to play for...etc and before that he said he had some very exciting news about his future.... 

Maybe his agent as managed to get him a trial at least, if he is that desperate to sign (offer him a one year deal (low wages + 1 year extention with bigger wages if he does well) but I don't know if it's Clough's style.

If I was being shrewd I would do it, I think as mis-leading as it is - (some) Derby fans would genuinely see it as an exciting transfer and would bring the 'romance' back... which would get fans behind the team/club more... I know it's just mind games, and the chances of him doing well perhaps aren't great but sometimes that is enough to get the fans on side!

what's his twitter?

We don't know - I don't think he would be the player he was, perhaps not even close - but the fans favourite part is true.

That's why I think we should sign him, I think he would offer (falsely) the fans what they want - an exciting signing! 

Archived