The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean Whitehead would be a very good signing for us, as would Glen Whelan - both from Stoke. Whitehead is out of contract.

Whitehead would do fine for me, but I doubt we're in for him.

I think Whitehead can get another Premier League gig, or at the very least someone with a bigger wage budget in the Championship. In my opinion he's exactly the kind of player we need - a midfielder who can tackle, retain the ball and play a holding role.

As Dyche said, wouldn't be surprised if we were linked/ made contact with Ryan Noble, Clough obviously likes him. May be worth a trial at least?

Would love Kilagallon here, but with all the publicity, i'd be surprised if we did go after him. Clough doesn't like much publicity - unless of course when its him! *cough* cywka *cough*

Can't say I've ever been overly impressed with him, but he has pedigree I guess.I don't doubt that he'll still want stupid wages though.

My only concern is that we've already seen that a combination of two 'last ditch, head it, kick it' central defenders doesn't really work for us - we need somoene more composed and authoritative to play alongside Keogh.

Archived