The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Type of player I'd love... but not in a million years someone Clough would ever sign.

Way, way, way out of our, and pretty well any other championship club's, budget. Stupid tweets are not rumours - just the mindless wafflings of crazies.

Way, way, way out of our, and pretty well any other championship club's, budget. Stupid tweets are not rumours - just the mindless wafflings of crazies.

??? The current top 6 clubs I'm sure could afford him, he went to West ham from Barnsley, if he dropped his wages a little then he'd easily be within reach of the likes of Brighton, Cardiff, Hull, Leicester, maybe even Forest.

But tweets shouldn't be listened to very often, particularly from those type of accounts who need info to stay 'followed' so make up semi-realistic rumours to get people talking to them.

??? The current top 6 clubs I'm sure could afford him, he went to West ham from Barnsley, if he dropped his wages a little then he'd easily be within reach of the likes of Brighton, Cardiff, Hull, Leicester, maybe even Forest.

But tweets shouldn't be listened to very often, particularly from those type of accounts who need info to stay 'followed' so make up semi-realistic rumours to get people talking to them.

Why on earth would he want to drop his wages and leave West Ham? It's not as if he's not getting a game there. Most of the games he missed this season were when he was out for 3 months with a dislocated shoulder.

Why on earth would he want to drop his wages and leave West Ham? It's not as if he's not getting a game there. Most of the games he missed this season were when he was out for 3 months with a dislocated shoulder.

I'm not saying he would want to, but many players are simply sold, and if they become available, clubs will bid for them before speaking to the player.

And Vaz Te is not too financially 'out-there' for quite a few clubs in this league. That's all I was saying. I can see him going to a promoted or play-off side, if Allardyce did decide to upgrade his position, no problem.

And to think in the summer of 2011 his agent approached every Championship clubs to sign him on the cheap, only one was interested.

With good reason, he had done nothing as of then, and it took him a while to get going at Barnsley.

I remember being at the home game against Barnsley that he played in and he looked lost, aside from one or two little runs. Then he picked up form and actually did something with his talent.

It's amazing how quickly players can change with form and the right surroundings.

With good reason, he had done nothing as of then, and it took him a while to get going at Barnsley.

I remember being at the home game against Barnsley that he played in and he looked lost, aside from one or two little runs. Then he picked up form and actually did something with his talent.

It's amazing how quickly players can change with form and the right surroundings.

*cough* sammon *cough*

Vaz Te... is a strange one.

ONE good (very good) season in 9 (UK) but otherwise he's done absolutely naff all.

03/04 3 apps 0 goals (English Prem)
04/05 9 apps 1 goal
05/06 32 apps 6 goals
06/07 36 apps 0 goals
07/08 2 apps 0 goals

08/09 2 apps 0 goals
10/11 10 apps 1 goal (Scottish Prem)
11/12 42 apps 24 goals (Championship)
12/13 27 apps 2 goals (English Prem)

I remember we used to get linked to him a lot when he was a 'promising youngster' struggling to make a breakthrough at Bolton, or maybe people just talked him up as a potential signing a lot.

You could say that he found his level in 'The Championship'

You could also say that he simply found a suitable team / set up @ Barnsley and fit in perfectly with them, that it was a magnificent season for him but one that he's never likely to reproduce, given his past record.

But then you could say that he's never been settled and playing regularly at this level until his spell at Barnsley.

Personally I'd be wary about the possibility of him being  a 'one season wonder', before getting any tatoos.

Paul McShane has been released, could be decent cover for right back and centre half. Step up from O'Connor if we could get rid of him.

He hasnt he has been offered a new deal.

From BBC

Hull City have released 12 players after their promotion to the Premier League, but defender Abdoulaye Faye has been given a new one-year contract.

Faye, 35, played 33 games this season.

Liam Rosenior, Paul McShane and Mark Oxley have also been offered new deals.

But Sonny Bradley, Lewis Clarkson, Mark Cullen, Andy Dawson, Jamie Devitt, Kealan Dillon, Daniel East, Daniel Emerton, Francis McCaffrey, Paul McKenna, Seyi Olofinjana and Jay Simpson have all been let go.

Bradley and East have already agreed two-year deals with League Two side Portsmouth.

He hasnt he has been offered a new deal.

From BBC

Hull City have released 12 players after their promotion to the Premier League, but defender Abdoulaye Faye has been given a new one-year contract.

Faye, 35, played 33 games this season.

Liam Rosenior, Paul McShane and Mark Oxley have also been offered new deals.

But Sonny Bradley, Lewis Clarkson, Mark Cullen, Andy Dawson, Jamie Devitt, Kealan Dillon, Daniel East, Daniel Emerton, Francis McCaffrey, Paul McKenna, Seyi Olofinjana and Jay Simpson have all been let go.

Bradley and East have already agreed two-year deals with League Two side Portsmouth.

Ah, thanks misread it. 

Archived