The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we call Billy Sharp fat :lol:

He is fat, he obviously just did what the rest of us do to get in holiday shape

After promising to really push myself for months to lose my puppy fat gut I usually manage about 15 panicky sit ups in the airport departure lounge. Six pack tastic.

What about Daniel Alaya isn't he out of contract now? Good centre back for no money..

If we re-signed Ayala I'd be on the Clough out bandwagon faster than you can say erm Clough Out.

He's a liability, his second touch is usually a tackle, truly below average centre back who has fluked moves just cos he came from Liverpool.

Come ed soft la. He's awful.

If we re-signed Ayala I'd be on the Clough out bandwagon faster than you can say erm Clough Out.

He's a liability, his second touch is usually a tackle, truly below average centre back who has fluked moves just cos he came from Liverpool.

Come ed soft la. He's awful.

It's a cheap cover for O'brien and Barker, Alex Baptiste looks unlikely and to be fair IMO he wasn't a bad Centre back. He wasn't a ball playing centre back granted. He can head (which is what were missing), He can tackle, he's strong shoulder to shoulder and he will stick his head where it hurts.

CHIEF executive Sam Rush has confirmed Derby County are in the market for four more new signings ahead of next season.

One of the four is expected to be Watford’s Craig Forsyth, the left-back or left-sided midfielder who spent a loan spell with the Rams this season.

A centre-back and striker are also on the wanted list.

Derby have already landed goalkeeper Lee Grant and striker Chris Martin on free transfers and Rush and manager Nigel Clough are continuing the search for other new faces.

“I will be here throughout the summer and Nigel and I will be constantly looking to bring people in,” said Rush.

“Whether that happens in the next week or so, I am not sure but certainly over the next few weeks we will have additions.

“My view is when we conclude that we will have a much stronger squad than we currently have.”

Derby remain in the hunt for Norwich City striker James Vaughan but their chances of signing Blackpool’s Alex Baptiste are waning due to the competition for the 27-year-old defender.

Blackpool are awaiting decisions from a number of the out-of-contract players they want to retain, including Baptiste who is attracting interest from a number of other clubs.

Rush stresses that Derby have other targets in their search for a striker and a central defender.

“This time of the season is always a tricky time to get things done quickly,” said Rush. “I am pleased we got Chris Martin and Lee Grant done quickly. I think that makes a statement.

“We are looking for about six signings and so to get two of those done early on is good news.

“Realistically, with players who are sought after, they are unlikely to commit themselves in the first week. Their agents will be looking to find options for them and looking to create a market to some degree.

“We can afford to be pretty relaxed about it. We have our targets, it is not limited to two. We have a number of targets.

“We are committed to strengthening, that is absolutely for certain, and committed to having a greatly improved squad before the season starts.

“Our focus is on having a team and a squad that can meet our ambitions and I think those ambitions have been stated now.

“We need to be in and around the top of this league and we believe we have the makings of a squad to do that.

“Adding some more experience will go a long way to achieving that.”

Forsyth played 10 games on loan at Derby before he was recalled by Watford ahead of the play-offs.

Watford meet Crystal Palace in the play-off final on May 27 for a place in the Premier League.

On Forsyth, Rush said: “He is a player who did extremely well here, a player who we would like to bring in and I am confident once Watford’s play-off commitments are finished we will do that.

“I would expect him to be at Derby next season.”

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Sam-Rush-Derby-County-chasing-signings/story-18981604-detail/story.html#ixzz2TLDFWxH4

Follow us: @DerbyshireNews on Twitter | thisisderbyshirenews on Facebook

Archived