next season...

nfb

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 100% agree but maybe as well as those three that we 'need' what about a very fast winger that can play LW/RW to put some competition for the RM and LM.

WTF are you talking about? We don't use wingers. Maybe you mean we need another CM or two who can play RW/LW? It is always 4 CM in our midfield you should get used to it.

WTF are you talking about? We don't use wingers. Maybe you mean we need another CM or two who can play RW/LW? It is always 4 CM in our midfield you should get used to it.

No no no sorry you must have misunderstood.

I think we should sign a young winger with pace, that will push coutts and the other left midfielder. This winger will probably not start but offer some competition for that place which is severely lacking, also i fully understand we play with a a narrow 442 and that it is usually the full backs that receive the ball out wide not the rm/lm. All i am saying is we should sign a winger with bare pace to give us a different outlet.

The owners / board are not supporting a play off push. I think if we had exactly the same players this season plus Shackell we would be in or around the playoffs now. That's around £2m pounds extra investment. We would have recovered that in ticket sales and other revenues. Wrong strategy, going nowhere.

I only go to meet mates and have a beer now. I have no expectations of playoffs until we change the owners / board.

I think the owners have missed a trick in their radical pricing strategy, they should sell 2/3rds season tickets that end on the 31st January because lets face it there's just a bunch of meaningless dead rubbers after that date.

When did we get to the stage that a manager with an outside chance of reaching the play offs plays 451 at home against a team that has'nt won in 10 games, f***ing disgraceful.

Those of you that still go to the games should be ashamed that you sit through that crap without complaining

The problem is the lack of strength in depth. Instead of having an experienced player to come in we have to play kids from the Academy.

Hoganson did ok yesterday but his involvement and that of Freeman too meant that the whole side played with less confidence than they would have should the experienced players been available. We'd have won that game comfortably had the rest of the XI had confidence in the full backs. Instead for the first half the players, and possibly the manager, were more concerned with being exploited than actually taking the game to the opposition.

The board won't invest in the squad, the only way the manager will be given money is through the sale of players. Fortunately we have saleable assets now, the first time in Clough's reign. Brayford is entering the final year of his deal (I believe) and will likely be sold in the Summer. Hughes may or may not be sold too depending on the fee. It's paramount that the majority of the transfer fee's recouped is invested in the squad.

The owners / board are not supporting a play off push. I think if we had exactly the same players this season plus Shackell we would be in or around the playoffs now. That's around £2m pounds extra investment. We would have recovered that in ticket sales and other revenues. Wrong strategy, going nowhere.

I only go to meet mates and have a beer now. I have no expectations of playoffs until we change the owners / board.

I don't think Shackell would have made any difference to be honest.. Whilst our defence isn't particularly top end NPC, I feel our lack of goals away from home is the major problem..

In 16 games, we've failed to score in 5 of those and only 15 in total.. It's obvious we're lacking in the creative area away from home.. This could be down to having no wingers and playing with 4 CMs as the midfield, or more obviously, down to NCs inept negative tactics away from home..

DCFC are in a rut altogether.. It smacks of mediocre down from board level to the managerial staff to the players..

Ward, Bryson, Fielding, Freeman and Legzdins too. And i can`t see all of them will extend current deals. So they will be sold for peanuts like Commons, Davies and Hulse.

I think Fielding is the only one of those five that might go. He deserves to be starting somewhere and I reckon we'll get a decent fee from him.

Archived