Glyn Davies RIP

swansea ram

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad news, despite his hard man approach on the pitch Glyn was a smashing bloke, enjoyed many a pint in The Bell Hotel, Sadler Gate with him and Albert Mays, in fact if I remember correctly he still owes me a pint. They were great days for Rams fans as many of the players frequented The Bell and Jimmys [st. James' Hotel, St. James' Street] and mixed with their fans, a far cry from some of the jumped-up 'superstars' in present day football who think they are better than the ordinary man in the street.

Rest in Peace Glyn, thanks for the memories.

Glyn Davies - 1953-1961 - 213 appearances - 5 goals.

Very sad news, despite his hard man approach on the pitch Glyn was a smashing bloke, enjoyed many a pint in The Bell Hotel, Sadler Gate with him and Albert Mays, in fact if I remember correctly he still owes me a pint. They were great days for Rams fans as many of the players frequented The Bell and Jimmys [st. James' Hotel, St. James' Street] and mixed with their fans, a far cry from some of the jumped-up 'superstars' in present day football who think they are better than the ordinary man in the street.

Rest in Peace Glyn, thanks for the memories.

Glyn Davies - 1953-1961 - 213 appearances - 5 goals.

There is also the chance they might get dropped if they're out on the lash every night. Now days the players have diets and routines to stick to. I don't think getting the beers in for the lads is in that routine.

RIP Glyn.

As a very young lad,I never saw him in a Rams shirt,but I did see him smash one in from about 40 yards for Swansea at the Ossie end.My memory may be playing tricks on me,but I think we lost 0-2 and they played in all red.

He's always lived in my memory as the guy who was mainly responsible for a crucial element of my Rams education-feeling sick for a whole week after a defeat.Before,failure to win had just left me disappointed for the rest of the day/night.

There is also the chance they might get dropped if they're out on the lash every night. Now days the players have diets and routines to stick to. I don't think getting the beers in for the lads is in that routine.

Where did I intimate/state that the players were 'out on the lash EVERY NIGHT'? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

• 1 month later...

Spoke to his son today. Can you believe he contacted the club, got passed from pillar to post, finally handed over to the media department, left a message him with them and the club never got back to him. Shameful behaviour and if the club reads this, it would be nice if they contacted him. If they would like his son's number, they can private message me.

Played for the club for 13 seasons.

Swansea City ran a piece in their club programme about him. Says it all really.

The media department may've got the message and forgotten about it, it's not like them to simply ignore such a thing, they're very busy folk usually.

That's not to say that this is just something to brush under the carpet for later, more that someone will probably have got the message, made a note to do it later and then forgotten all about it.

I'll see if Tom Loakes will respond about it on Twitter, will post back here if I get a response (will try to time the tweet for when he's done one himself). The chap deserves at the very least a mention in a programme after 13 seasons with us.

Archived