Why we will not make the playoffs.

ChaddesdenRam

We need stats to show he plays better with a partner.

Disagree, it's pretty obvious that he/we/they play better when someone plays up front with him. He's not a world beater by any stretch but he's good at bringing people into play and pressuring defenders.

If no-one is near him when he's doing this, it's almost impossible for him to 'play well'. If there's someone there to benefit from this then he will 'play well'.

It's not really Sammon's fault he has often had no partner, in the same way it's not really Keogh's fault he hasn't had a proper one either. It's a team game and the little partnerships on the pitch help players to play better, only the very best can do it on their own...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree, it's pretty obvious that he/we/they play better when someone plays up front with him. He's not a world beater by any stretch but he's good at bringing people into play and pressuring defenders.

If no-one is near him when he's doing this, it's almost impossible for him to 'play well'. If there's someone there to benefit from this then he will 'play well'.

It's not really Sammon's fault he has often had no partner, in the same way it's not really Keogh's fault he hasn't had a proper one either. It's a team game and the little partnerships on the pitch help players to play better, only the very best can do it on their own...

He had Ward along side him tonight but didn't play well?

He had Ward along side him tonight but didn't play well?

Aye maybe, didn't see it or hear it but you're probably right.

In general though I think the point holds up more often than not, obviously his 'partner' has to be someone who compliments him i.e. Ward who reads the game. I just don't think we can quite give the likes of Keogh and Sammon a fair trial as they've not really had the support they've needed to bring the best out of them this season.

Aye maybe, didn't see it or hear it but you're probably right.

In general though I think the point holds up more often than not, obviously his 'partner' has to be someone who compliments him i.e. Ward who reads the game. I just don't think we can quite give the likes of Keogh and Sammon a fair trial as they've not really had the support they've needed to bring the best out of them this season.

You don't need support to have good ball control. Or to score a sitter rather than hit the bar. I'm sorry, but we're never going to agree on Conor Sammon, not unless he changes and becomes a good enough player.

Anyway, back to the topic. If it took you until after this game to realise we're not good enough, then you've been fooling yourself for far too long. Another manager might be able to get more out of the current squad, a new manager might even be able to bring in better players for less money. But we've got what we've got and it's not play-off material. None of it. Not the team, not the manager. And going by tonights attendance, not the support. We've played the waiting game for what seems like a lifetime, but we've got to play it a little longer. Yeah, alot of us are fed up, but wtf can we do about it.

Anyway, back to the topic. If it took you until after this game to realise we're not good enough, then you've been fooling yourself for far too long. Another manager might be able to get more out of the current squad, a new manager might even be able to bring in better players for less money. But we've got what we've got and it's not play-off material. None of it. Not the team, not the manager. And going by tonights attendance, not the support. We've played the waiting game for what seems like a lifetime, but we've got to play it a little longer. Yeah, alot of us are fed up, but wtf can we do about it.

nah we need barker a left back and an injury free ward/sammon up front. sorted

We won't make the play-offs because we're not good enough, hence our league position.

Let's not get any ideas about 'what if' - I think it just boils down to other clubs having a better team than us, we're not a top 6 side - we're barely a top 10 side.

Squads too thin and we're lacking in experience. I think LB, CB, ST and RM need to come in, either now or in the summer - whenever... I don't think a loss to Hull has opened up any holes, nor should it bring on such a reaction.

Tonight Sammon showed why he makes us a very solid average Championship side.

For me, effort isn't enough.

Despite his shocking performance, I find it hard to overlook our abysmal defending. Sammon's not the reason, goals aren't really the problem. It's our poor defence that makes us a very solid average NPC side.

At one end there's a bald guy who can't control a ball (how many footballers can't trap a bouncing ball? Not many I reckon, but we found 2/3 of them at the same time!!)

At the other end is a defence that can only defend what's in front of them. If they have to turn sideways they lose their wits.

After 30+ games I think it's obvious where we struggle and why.

Archived