season ticket prices

Geriatram

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't know - fair enough - I would just like us to be regarded as a club that takes care of disabled people. I've seen enough comments from various people on this thread to show we care F All about our disabled supporters.

But to answer your question - An abled body person working or not working, does not deserve to pay less than the rates set by DCFC.

I don't know. Does an able bodied person working from home deserve a discounted rate?

Any able-bodied person is able to get a season-ticket at a discounted rate anyway - it's called Category E.

There are no Category E tickets available for wheelchair-bound fans - and they even bring their own seat.

You don't know - fair enough - I would just like us to be regarded as a club that takes care of disabled people. I've seen enough comments from various people on this thread to show we care F All about our disabled supporters.

But to answer your question - An abled body person working or not working, does not deserve to pay less than the rates set by DCFC.

I think a football club should look after all of its supporters.

How is that rise come about?

Category B last year for a senior was £220, but is now £275 - an increase that Mr Rush forgot to mention in the information - coupled with the rebranding of our seats from category B to category A, means it's now £295. Which means he has been subjected to a 34.09% increase.

It appears all senior tickets have been subjected to a 25% price hike, without even the courtesy of being advised, other than seeing the cost rise...

That's correct, maydray - seniors have *all* been visited with a price increase of 25% or more for 2013-14.

The seniors that have also been re-graded - suffering an instant double whammy - have the cost of regrading on top of that 25% uplift. So, some seniors do have to countenance an increase of 34 - 35%.

Then - regardless of one's thinking on whether 60 or 65 years of age should be the 'senior' threshold - those expectant qualifiers of 59 years of age aren't now getting the circa 35% senior ST discount (which used to be 50%), so these individuals have suffered a 'ghost' 50% uplift, if you get my meaning.

As for the treatment of the disabled - by the club, and for some glib able-bodied persons on this list - I'm full of disgust.

Category B last year for a senior was £220, but is now £275 - an increase that Mr Rush forgot to mention in the information - coupled with the rebranding of our seats from category B to category A, means it's now £295. Which means he has been subjected to a 34.09% increase.

It appears all senior tickets have been subjected to a 25% price hike, without even the courtesy of being advised, other than seeing the cost rise...

I agree for anyone to effectively have 2 price increases in one year seems very unfair.

Not really sure on your last point, surely sending out the renewal pack is the way of advising that prices have been increased?

I think it's the way they have managed it stealthily.

There is no reference to the senior prices rising - only that a senior is now 65 rather than 60 - therefore if you don't remember what was paid last year, you'd be none the wiser.

If they are going to increase the price, they should be at least up front about it.

I'm not coming next year due to the season tickets prcies! its stupid money! £800 for me , my brother and my dad! plus travel and food from chester thats more like £1500 a year! thats a holiday for us! No wonder by theres declining attendences!

When you break it down then its about £11-60 per match each for the three of you if you split the cost, hardly stupid prices.

You can't really blame the club for travel and food costs!

Good luck with finding that holiday at £11-60 per person per day...please send me the link because I will be having a slice of that too!

I don't know. Does an able bodied person working from home deserve a discounted rate?

But what if you are disabled and working, but your disability, through no fault of your own, only allows you to work, say, two hours a day. Technically (under your ethos) you are working, but realistically nothing like the amount (and therefore with the same financial reward) as someone who works full time.

What then?

When you break it down then its about £11-60 per match each for the three of you if you split the cost, hardly stupid prices.

You can't really blame the club for travel and food costs!

Good luck with finding that holiday at £11-60 per person per day...please send me the link because I will be having a slice of that too!

Try £11.60 per person per 90 minutes.Probably enough time to unpack,dip your feet and repack.

Apparently we are pioneers in the way we treat our young fans,and have now enhanced our position in that regard.No problems whatsoever,and I applaud it.However,the application of 'industry standards' (or whatever the expression was) to 2 other concession classes must surely represent discrimination within the overall concessions grouping,as it isn't applied to the others.

You also have to examine whether these 2 classes are being discriminated against in the context of the overall fan base.Some have pointed out that our S/T prices compare very favourably with our peers,in other words our prices must be below the industry standard.Therefore,if seniors and the disabled have been brought up to this standard (in terms of percentage paid),then why hasn't the rest of the fan base?I'm sure that all of those who think it's a good idea that 2 classes have been upgraded would have no objections whatsoever if they too were subjected to hefty increases to bring them into line? Has the club missed a trick here? Has it misjudged the possible reaction to hefty rises all round?

• 2 weeks later...

Open letter from Sam Rush on the OS

Dear Supporters,

It has been a very eventful two months for me in post with the transfer window, the release of our annual financial reports, an executive restructure and of course many great games producing some exciting performances. I did, however, want to write further to you regarding season ticket pricing for next season, which I know has been a major issue for some.

One thing that has become very clear to me even in these few weeks is that the juggling of Club finances, growing commercial revenues, retaining our best players, acquiring quality additions and retaining the cheapest season tickets in the league is not an easy task. We must though all have a desire and responsibility to ensure that Derby County is a thriving Club way into the future. The analysis on our ticket pricing for all groups has been a work in progress for more than 12 months and the underlying purpose was to achieve a fairer system, full of options. We understand that value is important to fans but also we have to balance the Club’s need to drive ticket revenues. It is a fact that Derby County is behind many of our competitors when it comes to what we generate from a season ticket yield perspective.

I have met with a number of independent fans, various Supporters Associations - including John Hemsworth who is the Chairman of the Derby County Supporters’ Clubs, the Rams Trust and the Disabled Supporters Association and conducted my own review during my time at Pride Park. Following that review, I can now confirm that the following changes will be made to the season ticket prices for the forthcoming season:

Seniors: We will stagger the increases over 2 seasons meaning that fans will just pay 50% of the increase next season before moving to the recently advertised price the season afterwards.

Disabled: We will cap the increases at Category D pricing (£300) but still offer the cheaper Category E pricing of £230. No disabled supporter regardless of where they sit within the stadium will pay more than £300 next season.

We will be contacting all affected supporters and for those fans that have already purchased a ticket, please contact the Digonex Ticket Office and you will be credited with the difference.

I hope that the above changes will be received positively. A lot of the past two months has been spent listening to the opinion of many supporters and on this occasion I feel these changes provide a better balance between the needs of the Club and our duty to the wider Rams community.

Moving forward, I firmly believe that we are in a strong position with some of the best players in the league rapidly maturing into a squad that with some quality additions in the summer will ensure a really exciting season.

Thank you as ever for your support.

Up the Rams!

Sam

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/an-open-letter-from-sam-rush-672397.aspx?pageView=full

Archived