season ticket prices

Geriatram

hey actuley derby county should be ashmed of themselfs for letting Remploy being closed down, i know just how hard it is for people with learning differcults and people with disablity, there are people relaying on them to help them find jobs, this is something else it makes me sick because these sort of things. they will have people to go in a work place with you, until you know what you are doing and then they leave you and after a little while they come back. but i know for a fact a lot of employers looked down on people like me thinking we not worth hireing because we take more training than a normal person does. so before people go off slacking people off who are disabled like goverment have there is a lot of them who want to work they just can't get the chance.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey actuley derby county should be ashmed of themselfs for letting Remploy being closed down, i know just how hard it is for people with learning differcults and people with disablity, there are people relaying on them to help them find jobs, this is something else it makes me sick because these sort of things. they will have people to go in a work place with you, until you know what you are doing and then they leave you and after a little while they come back. but i know for a fact a lot of employers looked down on people like me thinking we not worth hireing because we take more training than a normal person does. so before people go off slacking people off who are disabled like goverment have there is a lot of them who want to work they just can't get the chance.

Oh mate....you've misunderstood.....

Hi guys at the moment it is not looking as though I am going to renew. Not for footballing reasons!!!!! I think this club are going places as and I have made that point clear on this forum.

But I am hopefully, permitting I get in, off to University.

Therefore I do not think it will be cost beneficial to get a season ticket. This would be my first season without one since forever 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Just wondered if anyone on the forum has been to University, or anything like that. Are you normally really busy on saturdays or would there be time to fit in a derby game every other week?? cheers

I live in Sheffield, and if it weren't for working my weekends I would be at Pride Park. It all depends on whether you can afford travel. In first year you won't need weekends anyway. Trust me, I'm a 3rd year.

I live in Sheffield, and if it weren't for working my weekends I would be at Pride Park. It all depends on whether you can afford travel. In first year you won't need weekends anyway. Trust me, I'm a 3rd year.

Awesome cheers. I have free rail anywhere in the UK. So thats not the problem its just time.

Hi guys at the moment it is not looking as though I am going to renew. Not for footballing reasons!!!!! I think this club are going places as and I have made that point clear on this forum.

But I am hopefully, permitting I get in, off to University.

Therefore I do not think it will be cost beneficial to get a season ticket. This would be my first season without one since forever 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Just wondered if anyone on the forum has been to University, or anything like that. Are you normally really busy on saturdays or would there be time to fit in a derby game every other week?? cheers

What will you be studyng?

Generally student workloads are intended to be 40 hours per week. With a little application you can fit this into the weekdays quite comfortably. However, many students get away with devoting far less time to their studies, especially in the first year. The pay off is that they get lower marks than they would otherwise get - but generally your first year marks don't count towards your final degree classification.

If you have a learning disability your hours worked will probably increase. Many students need to supplement their income by working at weekends. A few courses involve practice based sessions - some of which may fall on a Saturday. If none of these apply you should be able to keep your Saturdays free to continue as a season ticket holder.

Nobody has slagged off disabled people.

A few people (myself included) have pointed out that some people claim benefits despite not having a genuine disability.

As for DCFC having to be ashamed for Remploy closing...WTF?! What else would you like to hold them responsible for? A rise in homeless numbers, global warming?

I am actually better off this year compared to last year. My ST price has stayed at the same price but my oldest lads price has come down. He has no form of income so i buy his ticket. I pay full price for mine also. I do not recieve a penny from the government in fact i pay a bloody fair share to them. I have a house to pay for and the list could go on. So the honest working family man should be over the moon.

Dear Mr Rush,

As a senior it appears if I am reading the new season ticket chart correctly I will have an increase of 25% on my ticket price.

As one who has made an effort to support all the cup games this season I am extremely disappointed to receive such an large above inflation increase and still not receive any cup vouchers as an incentive .

As George Osbourne will not increase my income by the same % I will make one of the choices below.

1. Pay & moan a lot.

2. Sell a vital organ to raise funds

3. Boycott cup games to help fund the difference.

4. Tell you to poke it.

Yours In Sport

41826 IWT

Dear Mr Rush,

As a senior it appears if I am reading the new season ticket chart correctly I will have an increase of 25% on my ticket price.

As one who has made an effort to support all the cup games this season I am extremely disappointed to receive such an large above inflation increase and still not receive any cup vouchers as an incentive .

As George Osbourne will not increase my income by the same % I will make one of the choices below.

1. Pay & moan a lot.

4. Tell you to poke it.

Yours In Sport

41826 IWT

My early renewal price has gone up by £60 against last season's [2012/2013 = £235 .... 2013/2014 = £295], I make that almost 26% increase, that is bad enough but what really riles me is the fact that a Young Adult [18 to 21 years] could purchase a seat next to me for £235.

I would almost guarantee that a Young Adult could be earning possibly twice as much as my weekly State Pension, I fail to understand the logic in this and having supported my club since 1946 I find it hard to comprehend why someone whose earning capability exceeds my income will get their season ticket at a lower price than mine.

I understand that students etc may fall into the Young Adult category and that they have limited income, but if the Yanks wish to make sure that they avail them of an advantageous price then surely they could do this by means of a discount off the £295 on production of their Student/University Card and all other 18 to 21's pay the full price, failing that reduce my Senior Season Ticket to £235 as a reward for all of the stress and trauma I have suffered over the years watching DCFC, OK there have been some good times but they are sadly outnumbered by many of the other sort and therefore I feel that I am due some recompense.

Correction - just received my letter and it has been re-categorised also which now makes the increase 37.50%

therefore option 4 looks favourite !

Dear Mr Rush,

As a senior it appears if I am reading the new season ticket chart correctly I will have an increase of 37.5% on my ticket price.

1. Pay & moan a lot.

4. Tell you to poke it.

Yours In Sport

41826 IWT

My early renewal price has gone up by £60 against last season's [2012/2013 = £235 .... 2013/2014 = £295], I make that almost 26% increase, that is bad enough but what really riles me is the fact that a Young Adult [18 to 21 years] could purchase a seat next to me for £235.

I would almost guarantee that a Young Adult could be earning possibly twice as much as my weekly State Pension, I fail to understand the logic in this and having supported my club since 1946 I find it hard to comprehend why someone whose earning capability exceeds my income will get their season ticket at a lower price than mine.

I understand that students etc may fall into the Young Adult category and that they have limited income, but if the Yanks wish to make sure that they avail them of an advantageous price then surely they could do this by means of a discount off the £295 on production of their Student/University Card and all other 18 to 21's pay the full price, failing that reduce my Senior Season Ticket to £235 as a reward for all of the stress and trauma I have suffered over the years watching DCFC, OK there have been some good times but they are sadly outnumbered by many of the other sort and therefore I feel that I am due some recompense.

Mr Knackers is your annual state pension your only source of income? Do you rent or own a house? If you own a house have you paid your mortgage off? I suspect you may have a more disposable income than a lot of people who are paying full price for there season tickets who are not moaning about reductions for seniors.

Mr Knackers is your annual state pension your only source of income? Do you rent or own a house? If you own a house have you paid your mortgage off? I suspect you may have a more disposable income than a lot of people who are paying full price for there season tickets who are not moaning about reductions for seniors.

If so so he's probably worked and earned since he was 15 and paid for it all and is entitled to give his opinion, what is it about this country at the moment which has suddenly decided to go anti over 60's ? Even Derby County have joined them.

. The club will find this will reduce attendances even more I guarantee it

I said earlier I was opting out on this thread,but only in respect of a sensitive issue.

Your remark may not necessarily be true,curtains,or at least to the extent you possibly envisage.I noticed that on another board a poster claimed that if you haven't renewed by July,the club might offer (and in the poster's case,claims he/she was) a large discount to keep you on board.Now obviously I don't know whether this is true,but if it is it would mean the most loyal supporters would be paying full whack,whilst possibly sitting alongside the less loyal discounted fan.Again,I would stress that this only applies if the poster was telling the truth.Perhaps Mr Rush could be asked if this does/doesn't go on.

I certainly know that this kind of thing has happened in the past with non renewed 'Player' subs,as I've seen hard evidence of it myself.One should also point out that it happens in other industries-I have myself twice tried the tactic with 'Sky' subs and had a great deal of success.

Does anyone ask why seats seem to be recategorised year after year? I note that some blocks are now deemed to be on a par with other more expensive seats elsewhere.Has it taken 5 years to come to this conclusion? Might a team not be delegated to sit at all points in turn and come up with a concensus of categories that could then be adhered to? Could Mr Rush guarantee that recategorisation won't take place again next year?

The DET say that some of the most popular seats have been recategorised.This seems to indicate densely populated areas,and which better ones to target?Hit the most fans per square metre,with the least number of blocks being affected.I'm sure the new,low price S/Ts will prove to be very popular,and are already described as 'discounted'.It appears to me that the least popular areas are the safest place to be.

Anyway,I'm off to write to a few supermarkets with my new marketing strategy on baked beans.If they're popular,just relabel and charge a higher price.Simples.

What will you be studyng?

Generally student workloads are intended to be 40 hours per week. With a little application you can fit this into the weekdays quite comfortably. However, many students get away with devoting far less time to their studies, especially in the first year. The pay off is that they get lower marks than they would otherwise get - but generally your first year marks don't count towards your final degree classification.

If you have a learning disability your hours worked will probably increase. Many students need to supplement their income by working at weekends. A few courses involve practice based sessions - some of which may fall on a Saturday. If none of these apply you should be able to keep your Saturdays free to continue as a season ticket holder.

I'm doing business management but as you say I may need a weekend job,

The problem is I haven't got student finance details yet and so don't know if I would need that weekend job. But if I don't renew the prices will go up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

The DET say that some of the most popular seats have been recategorised.This seems to indicate densely populated areas,and which better ones to target?Hit the most fans per square metre,with the least number of blocks being affected.

Isn't that how it should be though? It's the point isn't it? The higher demand areas are higher category as people prefer to sit there. I'm not sure why you portray that as something "crafty"?

Anyway,I'm off to write to a few supermarkets with my new marketing strategy on baked beans.If they're popular,just relabel and charge a higher price.Simples.

Indeed that's how big brands work, you're a bit late with that idea! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Isn't that how it should be though? It's the point isn't it? The higher demand areas are higher category as people prefer to sit there. I'm not sure why you portray that as something "crafty"?

Indeed that's how big brands work, you're a bit late with that idea! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

That assumes that fans sit in a certain area purely because of the view afforded,rather than another consideration ,viz pricing that they can afford (allied to the best view,in their opinion,that they can find at such price).To take your logic to the ultimate conclusion,if the new £230 S/Ts lead to areas being packed with S/T holders,shouldn't these areas then be recategorised to the very top category?

With regard to your last point,I omitted to mention that I meant supermarket own brand beans (and,as I'm sure most realised,I was being flippant).'Beans' to 'Premium Beans',the only real premium (as the beans are the same) being the higher price.

I'm doing business management but as you say I may need a weekend job,

The problem is I haven't got student finance details yet and so don't know if I would need that weekend job. But if I don't renew the prices will go up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

If you can work a couple of days a week in your uni city it might help you.

Archived